amuck-landowner

Do you use the default WHMCS Support system?

AMDbuilder

Verified Provider
Jay from ArcticDesk here, thought I'd reply to some of the comments in this thread.

We were surprised, but LEB installed it while it was still in beta. It wasn't really intended for production use at the time, so I think it is harsh to make any judgement based on that. Note that this was over a year ago and much has changed since then, every part of the application has improved and it has a completely new frontend and backend interface.

We're sorry you had some issues, I assume it was a problem with the WHMCS integration and API? Did you contact our support team for help?

We are working on completely overhauling the WHMCS integration with our next release.

We have fixed several minor bugs as part of the forthcoming v1.2.5 release, but there isn't anything show stopping that we're aware of. Did you contact our support team about any of the issues you had?
Yes, and we did reach out to support on almost every issue encountered.  There were some items pushed to later releases, I would need to look up examples, but I know the social media and whmcs integration's were fairly buggy for us.  I have been watching the releases, and we will likely be trying it again down the road.

AD-Jay

Yes, and we did reach out to support on almost every issue encountered.  There were some items pushed to later releases, I would need to look up examples, but I know the social media and whmcs integration's were fairly buggy for us.  I have been watching the releases, and we will likely be trying it again down the road.
Were these feature requests rather than bugs? Feature requests can be pushed back depending on difficulty and viability, whereas we always fix all known bugs for the next release. If not, feel free to reply to one of the tickets and I will check up on them.

I'd recommend trying v1.2.5 when it's out around the end of this month, we should have the WHMCS integration completely revamped.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
Jay from ArcticDesk here, thought I'd reply to some of the comments in this thread.

We were surprised, but LEB installed it while it was still in beta. It wasn't really intended for production use at the time, so I think it is harsh to make any judgement based on that. Note that this was over a year ago and much has changed since then, every part of the application has improved and it has a completely new frontend and backend interface.
Since I haven't used it since back in the days i can not comment on the current status and I am not judging your product because of that period. Just saying how it was. When talking with Joel back then he said that he paid for it and let us say that introducing another software with alot of problems wasn't the best choice at that time @LEB.

tmzVPS-Daniel

Verified Provider
I have a quick question to people that had WHMCS but switched to Kayako. What kind of issues did you encounter with WHMCS that made you switch to Kayako? 

- Daniel :)

GoodHosting

We use WHMCS built in system, because when it's all said and done; the system at least works.  Sure, you have to disable a lot of things for security; and whitelist the hell out of it with mod_security rules, disable uploads, etc; but it's a great system after all that.

There are a lot of things lacking, sure, but Kayako is much much worse at quite a lot of things (and bloody expensive to boot.)

BBGN Brian

Verified Provider
We have switched from WHMCS to Kayako as well. We found it gives us more flexibility to keep up and monitor our support times. It also allows for better troubleshooting for our support team as well. We took a look at Zendesk but we weren't impressed with the features.

cubixcloud

Verified Provider
+1 for WHMCS. Before using WHMCS we maintained a handful of separate systems. So, haven't looked back. But I will agree you really can't track times with hitting the Reporting tab in WHMCS.

BuzzzHost

WHMCS is simply the best I've ever used. I am really looking for a nice Live Chat solution. Any ideas? New Thread? lol

HostGuard

Verified Provider
We're considering moving over to Blesta then customizing to our needs. Blesta is just much nicer to work with.

While the default WHMCS is great for an out of the box solution and basic ticketing, it does have its limitations.

Navyn

Verified Provider
We also  use WHMCS support system.

1.One account for support executive for client view and ticket

2.user friendly

3.Easy to search

4.Much more features it provide.

TrentaHost

I just use the built in WHMCS one.. it's really annoying at times as when we have clients who bump tickets.. they often go longer without a reply as our staff work from the longest waiting ticket to the shortest waiting ticket, and when people bump the timer get's reset. So hopefully, I'm looking for a new ticket system, but Kayako is not throwing up a fancy either... 

amuck-landowner