amuck-landowner

Fees waived?

coreyman

Verified Provider
Please correct me if I'm wrong - but doesn't 'your setup fees will be waived' mean that I won't have to pay any setup fees whatsoever? I signed up with a provider and they said if I committed to a 3 year term my setup fees would be 'waived'. So I signed up for the term and replied and asked them to fix the invoice. They said 'the fees will be credited back to your account as soon as possible'. At this point I'm like WHAT? Why am I having to pay any fees whatsoever when they are supposed to be waived. So am I wrong and having fees waived means I'm still paying the fees but having them credited to my account?

Last edited by a moderator:

fizzyjoe908

Verified Provider
Waived could mean anything in this situation as long as some sort of equal compensation is given to you.

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Waived does not mean you pay them in order to get them back, BS.

bpsRobert

Verified Provider
I would have to agree, standard interpretation for the word 'waived' I would take to mean as non-existent. Not, charged now, but credited back later. 

rds100

Verified Provider
While "waived" should mean "removed" or "not charged at all", editing an already issued invoice could be problematic. In some countries it could also be illegal.

coreyman

Verified Provider
While "waived" should mean "removed" or "not charged at all", editing an already issued invoice could be problematic. In some countries it could also be illegal.
Then I guess they could cancel the invoice and create me a new one.

rds100

Verified Provider
Yes, that would be the right way. Cancel the order / invoice, and this time you should place s new order and get a new invoice with the correct amount.

mcmyhost

Then I guess they could cancel the invoice and create me a new one.

Definition of waive (vt)
Bing Dictionary

• waive
  • [ wayv ]
  •  
  1. surrender claim: to give something up voluntarily, especially a right or claim
  2. not enforce something: to refrain from enforcing or applying something
  3. temporarily delay something: to put off something for a time

So yes, it should be removed, not added as credit.

jvkz

Verified Provider
  Definition of waive (vt)

Bing Dictionary

• waive
  • [ wayv ]
  •  
  1. surrender claim: to give something up voluntarily, especially a right or claim
  2. not enforce something: to refrain from enforcing or applying something
  3. temporarily delay something: to put off something for a time

So yes, it should be removed, not added as credit.
Yes, it should not be charged at alll.....

HostNIT

Verified Provider
There is no doubt that you should have gotten your "fees", whatever they may be, credited back to you if the provider used the term fees "waived". Anything other than getting them negated from your bill would just be lying on their advert.

amuck-landowner