How to protect website from DDoS attack ?

MVPSNET

Use a provider that has integrated ddos protection.
or
CloudFlare (or similar)
or
Nginx + mod_security (but depends on many things, it's not a one-size fits all solution)

vikmanager

I suggest you to order good DDoS protection. You can read reviews and choose the best protection which will be suit you for price and efficiency.

deanhills

Agreed with the recommendation that if you're concerned about DDoS that you pick your provider carefully - ensure he has additional DDoS protection. Cloudflare isn't set up to protect against DDoS attacks - it only give you the ability to monitor the attack when it happens. If it's to protect a games server, I think one has to go all out to get a host who specializes in games servers as if he is a serious games server host, he'll have purchased additional DDoS protection and be able to offer this to you.

ray_ray

I agree, using CDN is the most popular when it comes to protection, but you can also buy a good DDOS protection for your server.

fleio

If you're operating the infrastructure:
  1. Large pipes to protect against attacks that are trying to saturate your bandwidth: 10Gbs - N x 1Tbs, depending on size you want hold against
  2. Routers that can do N x Mpps - against attacks that try to saturate your number of packets per second
  3. A hardware solution that cleans traffic, like Arbor

ServersBase

To protect website from DDoS attack:
1. Strengthen the bandwidth
2. DDoS mitigation (detecting the attack)
3. Use Content Delivery Networks (CDN)
4. Contact Internet Service Provider (ISP)

qtechservers

Most hosting companies now offer DDos protection like Cloudflare based servers. So you could actually find a host that has ddos protection for their servers. Seperate ddos protection for your server will cost you additional.