amuck-landowner

I'm famous

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Haha, you and me both!  :)

I'll have to check out Bing's street view. Their maps are already better than Google's as is.

Steven F

Verified Provider
Bing car drove by me the other day while I was in the car at a light. I'm waiting to come up. I started giggling, because who uses Bing?

24/7/365

Verified Provider
Microsoft just keep throwing money at the problem - at some point, someone will start to use it ;)

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
I'll stick with Google...at least until I can install Silverlight on Linux.  I have one Windows machine at home but laptop and work desktop are both Linux.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Bing maps is really nice. I love the birds-eye view and the ability to actually rotate the around an area to view it from different directions. Really neat.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Tried loading the link on my Chromebook - doesn't work because of course Silverlight doesn't run on Chrome OS. The IE team recently did a AMA on Reddit, where they were bragging about how much more up to standards IE 11 is. But then Microsoft insists on using non-standard junk like Silverlight, and all that hard work goes down the drain. Use Canvas or something, guys! One way to get more usage on something like this is to make it universally supported!

/rant

But yeah, you're on Bing street view, cool!

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Tried loading the link on my Chromebook - doesn't work because of course Silverlight doesn't run on Chrome OS. The IE team recently did a AMA on Reddit, where they were bragging about how much more up to standards IE 11 is. But then Microsoft insists on using non-standard junk like Silverlight, and all that hard work goes down the drain. Use Canvas or something, guys! One way to get more usage on something like this is to make it universally supported!

/rant

But yeah, you're on Bing street view, cool!
Haha. I didn't even click his link, I didn't realize it required silverlight for their streetview data. Well, that's a bummer. Obviously not supported on CrunchBang, either.

At least their regular maps work without it, and have that awesome feature to rotate the image to see it from different angles. Example: http://binged.it/1tN6i3b (Indianapolis, Indiana)

You can see the buildings at a 45 degree angle, taken from positions facing north, south, east and west. I also often find that Bing's imagery is more up to date, though my town was recently re-mapped by Google (both street view and satelite imagery) so for now, it's more up-to-date. :)

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I was waiting for Google to update the street view of the neighborhood in FL where my house is to see the work the person renting it did and Bing got a nice pic of it so now I can stop checking Google Maps every few weeks. :)

amuck-landowner