amuck-landowner

More restrictions on offer posting?

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
Yeah so lots of offers that I can find here are the same as offers on LET/B or DSD. Boring.

Guys do you think we should put some restrictions? Like offers must be unique and at least 1 plan over $7/mo needs to be offered.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
offers must be unique
My offer can only be payed via a wire transfer in Indian rupees, and the VPS comes with my own custom virtualization and panel. Both of which are extremely buggy, but hey, the offer is unique!

Seriously though, while I'm all for "unique" offers, how does one decide what is unique? What does that even mean?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Yeah so lots of offers that I can find here are the same as offers on LET/B or DSD. Boring.

Guys do you think we should put some restrictions? Like offers must be unique and at least 1 plan over $7/mo needs to be offered.
More restrictions? No. There are no price limits. The $7/mo limit over at LET is stupid and results in generally bad quality services when new comers try to be 'unique' by offering more for less.

Only restrictions in place is that you must be a 'legitimate' business to post in the Verified Provider forum. Though it does need to be audited. If I had it my way I'd can all the kid hosts too, meaning you'd have to be a legal adult to post offers. Tired of seeing companys like GVH offering a service one day, then three days later discontinue it, then a week later offer something new... then discontinue it. That's horrible for the customers. I'm thrilled that their are young folks interested in the industry, but there is a big increase in failures and issues stemming from hosts ran by the younger crowd. Only mentioning GVH because it's a name most of us know on here, though it's not limited to just them.

Lot of folks are generally lazy and have one post template for all sites and don't change it when posting it elsewhere. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

concerto49

Verified Provider
Legal adult? That makes me old ;(

Once you start posting restrictions it'll reduce posts. Unless VPSBoard is a really big place and can add what rules they like without killing the board, I wouldn't go for it.

It depends. Sometimes we actually write our offers for VPSBoard and later post it elsewhere or vice versa. Sometimes it's unique or a timed exclusive.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Generally, there aren't enough offers.  More relative is the offers tend to be sort of blah, similar all over.

More rules?  No thanks....  More offers?  Maybe if they are interesting.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
My offer can only be payed via a wire transfer in Indian rupees,
Perfect! Western Union has a $0 fee introductory offer for sending money to any bank account in India.

Unless VPSBoard is a really big place and can add what rules they like without killing the board,

Ask me when the last month I visited the offers section here was...  :p  4030 replies (in the VPS and Other offers sections) out of 52644 total vpsBoard replies indicates the board would probably survive even if the number of offers slowed to a trickle.

amuck-landowner