amuck-landowner

Now Hiring For My "F-A-F Campaign"

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
No, it will only become like other places if you adopt the attitude that it will. You are tarring this place with the same brush as the other side. Start with an open mind and presume that all actions are valid and justified.

Transparency is not synonymous with being accountable to every single forum member or having to explain every single action we take. It should be presumed that we act in the best interests of the community and forum. Questioning everything we do and shouting 'transparency' or 'respect' is what's turning the place in to a LET/LEB clone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jade

NodeServ
Verified Provider
If you don't like us on this forum, then why are you still posting on here?

Artie

post-96-13405663344.jpg

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Meh, it's your circus to run here.  Justification part - when silencing / booting folks comes with the whole claiming to be transparent.  

Fail to justify the actions or just say that's the way it is and this place becomes like the others.  

I usually agree with folks running the show here.... But.... falling back on the whole "respect others" part for banning folks, yeah it's problematic.  

Did the guy contribute positively?  No.  Was his English the best?  No.   Was he trolling?  Minor, albeit it annoying. Probably.  Who am I to judge....  
I guess the difference here is that I actively announced this member was banned/removed and stated the reasons (although previously I did say "for obvious reasons" which I assumed everyone else would be aware) to avoid the issue of "the admins are banning people without justification!".  

While I can see how that can be questionable, the information that I have presented before me suggests that this individual would continue to do this even after this thread(and perhaps something more drastic).  In a more of a pre-emptive decision I decided it was in the interest of our community to remove this individual.  

I'm more than open to an appeal if requested and an explanation of said actions (he can leave me a message on my IRC Bouncer).  

Everyone is welcome to contact me and give me feedback.  I encourage it.  But please be civil.  

tonyg

Honestly, this Royal dude has some serious issues...dude, seek help from someone (professional or family/friends).

Not one of his posts made any sense.

amuck-landowner