amuck-landowner

Obtaining IP Address from APNIC

winnervps

Verified Provider
Hi,

Is there anyone here can get me a quote or point me into some direction where can I get set of IP address (/24 for example) from APNIC?

They are become rare when it comes to server in Singapore. So I have to BYOI (Bring Your Own IP).

I have asked several providers there. The problems persists the same: lack of IP. Leaseweb's policy would allow only 10 IPs per server (even for a high end server). So is there anyway or recommendation for getting a server with, of course, more than 10 IPs (the cheapest way -I'd prefer doing an investment by obtaining or paid it yearly from APNIC) in Singapore.

Also is there anyone here that suffered the same problems and have ever met the resolution yet? Would the server's provider announce our own IPs for FREE? or is there any extra cost? Do we need to invest a hardware (BGP router, for example), if we could get it from Malaysia?

Thanks before

William

pr0
Verified Provider
You sign up; you pay fees; you obtain a single /22. That's how it works. No justification required.

Leaseweb will not announce you any IPs unless you are colo customer.

qps

Verified Provider
APNIC will now give you up to a /21.

Last edited by a moderator:

qps

Verified Provider
No, they will give you up to 2 /22 - Though never as one /21.
Yes, they will.  They changed the rules after they were provided more addresses by IANA from the reclaimed pool.  I know they just approved a LE* VPS provider a /21 out of the gate.

William

pr0
Verified Provider
Proof. Last APNIC sign up i did was last week - One /22 for start, one /22 after this one is used. 3 more APNIC signups in April/may with the same result.

winnervps

Verified Provider
Thanks @William, @qps. I see. The matter is the limitation now. Is it limited per organization (/21 or 2 x /22 now)?

Can I bring IP from different country other than Singapore to Singapore? For example I got IPs from Indonesia, and can they advertise it in Singapore?

Last edited by a moderator:

expertvm

Verified Provider
@winnervps Yes you can as long as you have the necessary LOA (if IP space dont belongs to you).

Most provider will advertise IP space for you due to the lack of IP on their own as well.

Loke what @William mention, yes they give out in 2x /22 as the first block will come from 103.x

Just make sure you have 2 upstream provider contact to fill in will do.

MichaelFindlay

Verified Provider
Ripe do the same thing, we have signed up to ripe and we can get a /22 bit worried about when we run that block out though! Maybe the world will have put in more IP Version 6 at that point!

VisionGroup

i got a /24 for my company Vision Group without too many issues, other than cost! not sure if i would be able to get another one if i asked..

amuck-landowner