One very nice .co.uk domain

Discussion in 'Domains' started by jhadley, Jun 20, 2013.

1. jhadley

jhadley New Member Verified Provider

May 18, 2013
    I may be looking to sell this domain as I need some extra funds for something else I'm working on.

Domain name: http://uploadir.com/u/w02nmmak

Please do not post the domain name publicly.

I'm looking for

2. D. Strout

D. Strout Resident IPv6 Proponent

Apr 17, 2013
    I figured that would be the domain you were selling when you said it was a "nice .co.uk". But I thought you used that as your personal "about me" domain?

3. netnub

netnub New Member

Apr 19, 2013

4. jhadley

May 18, 2013
    I don't need an expensive domain for that, and right now I could use the money for Billr :)

5. Reece-DM

Reece-DM New Member Verified Provider

May 16, 2013
    Well id say system admin.co.uk would of been a harder domain and warrant the

6. Marc M.

Marc M. Phoenix VPS Verified Provider

Apr 12, 2013
    I don't understand why people like to post useless comments if they don't intend / have no interest whatsoever in buy the domain name anyway.

Valuate.com for example evaluates domain names based on keywords and how often people search for them. According to Valuate.com this domain is worth $4400, so I think that @jhadley is selling it at a bargain:

7Kr4tG4.png

Just wish I would have bought your other domain from you :lol:

7. D. Strout

D. Strout Resident IPv6 Proponent

Apr 17, 2013
    While I certainly think it is worth at least 1000GBP, I don't think you'll get it here. You need it in some public marketplace, or some public auction or something. It just doesn't get moneyed eyeballs here.

8. sv01

sv01 Slow but sure

May 17, 2013
    valuate.com only do English domains domain :) so

google.com appraisal $0

yahoo.com -> $0

9. Marc M.

Marc M. Phoenix VPS Verified Provider

Apr 12, 2013
    @sv01

Not true, their valuation is based on the TLD and keyword search. For example if you search for something ending in gs, gy, re, and so on it will return $0.

No one search for google, yahoo and so on, so of course they're valuated at $0 since there is no SEO value in them. I hope this makes sense.

10. sv01

sv01 Slow but sure

May 17, 2013
    I see, thank you for info :) I just thinking their valuate based on english word.

11. jhadley

May 18, 2013
    I posted it in a few places. Same sort of story at WHT and WHC - people like it but just don't have £1k for a domain. Fair enough I guess ;)

12. BK_

BK_ New Member

May 16, 2013
    Unfortunately, Valuate isn't something that can be relied on for an un-inflated appraisal - it's a bot, it's not perfect.

I've appraised domains on Valuate, for shits-and-giggles, where the listed value was $0. These same domains have turned into $xxxx profits :) I've also appraised domains there where the listed value was ~$2000, yet they're worth only ~$100 at most. People use Valuate, Estibot and various other domain appraisal bots to inflate the price of a domain while they're attempting to get rid of it (ex. Hey, this site tells me it's worth $500, but i'll give it to you for $100!).

Unfortunately the domain has a few downsides in terms of selling features. The .co.uk extension makes it only appealing to people in that region. In terms of someone buying the domain on a whim, I'd say very unlikely. What @jhadley will probably need is someone looking for this domain specifically in order for him to get the amount he's asking for. I doubt he'll get it in an auction setting.

Just my feedback/opinion :)