amuck-landowner

R1Soft Licenses - Cheapest in the world!

serverian

Verified Provider
We have started to sell R1Soft Agent Licenses for $4.95/month as an introductory.

You can install Idera Backup Manager on your backup server for free and use our agent licenses on the servers or VPSs you want to backup.

R1Soft has great features such as MySQL, MsSQL, MS Exchange backups and restores without dumping them like other softwares like Bacula. This is giving you the opportunity to backup your databases continuously without putting load on your server.

You can backup your OpenVZ nodes and easily restore files or full containers by R1Soft.

A full feature list can be reached here: http://www.idera.com/productssolutions/serverbackup/serverbackupserviceproviders/productdetails

R1Soft does block level backups instead of file level backups like solutions such as rsync, rsnapshot. By this, it generates very low load on the servers it backs up.

You can do full bare metal restores when your server or VPS go belly up.

To purchase, simply go here and order: https://backupsy.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=56

Happy Backups!

Onra Host

Verified Provider
Hmm. I'll defiantly scoop up some of these bad boys...now only if KVM nodes were able to be backed up by R1Soft. 

rmlhhd

Verified Provider
@serverian do you know if there's a way to set specific permissions to individual VPS backups? For instance I'd buy the licence for the node which would then be used to backup all the OpenVZ VPS's. Is there any permissions I could give so that the VPS owners could go into Idera with their own user account and restore their own VPS backups if they needed without having to ask us admins. 

serverian

Verified Provider
@serverian do you know if there's a way to set specific permissions to individual VPS backups? For instance I'd buy the licence for the node which would then be used to backup all the OpenVZ VPS's. Is there any permissions I could give so that the VPS owners could go into Idera with their own user account and restore their own VPS backups if they needed without having to ask us admins. 
For OpenVZ, it'd need some custom coding to integrate. http://wiki.r1soft.com/display/CDP3/Adding+Control+Panel+Instances

You can't give permission to users for specific dirs without Control Panel integration.

rds100

Verified Provider
I don't know how this works, is there some short tutorial?

This license is for a server that needs to be backed up. What about the storage server where the backup goes? What software is needed there? What license is needed?

rmlhhd

Verified Provider
@rds100

From my experience and testing you install the Backup Manager on a Windows or Linux server then install the agents on each server to be backed up.

You then add the server to your Backup Manager and tell it where are when to backup. 

Tell your agent to get the key and start the backup. 

If you need help just PM or add my on Skype - Servaman

serverian

Verified Provider
I don't know how this works, is there some short tutorial?

This license is for a server that needs to be backed up. What about the storage server where the backup goes? What software is needed there? What license is needed?
When you order you get a license key, you use that license key on the backup server you install the backup manager. The license key comes with agents. So, if you buy a key with 2 agents, you can install the backup manager on a backup server and backup 2 servers to it.

rds100

Verified Provider
@serverian thanks! So can you scale the license to be for more agents later? I.e. buy a license for 5 agents, later "upgrade it" to 10 agents?

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner