amuck-landowner

Slushies! Come by the office!

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
If anyone is ever in the Birmingham area give us a shout and stop by the office for a slushy or milkshake. We just got a new toy smile.gif

10497269_727359547324485_8752977293051180459_o.jpg

We also had a nice cookout today for all of the staff:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3674808&type=1

Amitz

*lol* Open up that long-awaited european location FINALLY and I will be the first to come over for a visit! :)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
It's a long drive for a slushie, but if I'm ever in the area and want to beat that Alabama humidity I'll make an arrangement...

Then again, Singlehop will give you a beer and Chicago is closer.... You may to throw in a burger to make it worth it. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Steven F

Verified Provider
HostDime has a Free... Let's not talk about that. :p

What flavors are they and which is more popular?

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY

Last edited by a moderator:

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
The "in case of emergency 911" sign directly behind the slushy machine is making me have second thoughts about stopping by for a free slushy... :p

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Bahaha...

This wasn't a gift from Indian outsource staff was it?  Cause you know that would be some masterful marketing / customer appreciation.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Bahaha...

This wasn't a gift from Indian outsource staff was it?  Cause you know that would be some masterful marketing / customer appreciation.
Doubtful if they could afford to give that new toy as a gift.  Google the price of that Bunn Ulta 2 slushy maker :eek:

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
It's a long drive for a slushie, but if I'm ever in the area and want to beat that Alabama humidity I'll make an arrangement...

Then again, Singlehop will give you a beer and Chicago is closer.... You may to throw in a burger to make it worth it. :p
I'm not supposed to mention our hidden booze ;)

HostDime has a Free... Let's not talk about that. :p

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY

I'd be lying if I said I didn't contact my buddy at Coke to find out pricing on those things after hearing about that.  We couldn't really get one right now anyway due to being out of space in the break room for stuff and power circuits.  That slushie machine alone draws 15A not to mention the TV, Satellite, Microwave, Bunn commercial coffee maker, fridge, toaster, toaster oven, etc.  Only a year left on this lease though and I've already got our next office picked out.

The "in case of emergency 911" sign directly behind the slushy machine is making me have second thoughts about stopping by for a free slushy... :p
This machine just happend to go under our paper with lots of emergency contact numbers on it lol.  Cell phone numbers to certain folks, fire dept., police dept., etc.  See the reply above for an explanation as to why it's on a coffee table by the couch and not on the break room counter.

Bahaha...

Nope, we have no affiliate with any outsourcing company whatsoever.  All of our staff are in-house in Birmingham, AL.  This is who the slushy machine is for after all ;)

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
This is Cherry and Wild Berry.  So far they're about equally as popular.  We started with 3 gallons of each this morning (what each hopper holds) and are down to about a gallon in the blue (night shift just now got here) and were down to about a gallon of red and added more to it already.  So basically day shift had 4 gallons worth of slushie. :blink:

Next week we're going to do milkshakes in one.  We'll probably rotate through flavors of slushie weekly or something as making the actual slushie is dirt cheap.  The machine itself and power to run it is the expensive part (see the 15A power draw comment above).

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
Nope, we have no affiliate with any outsourcing company whatsoever.  All of our staff are in-house in Birmingham, AL.  This is who the slushy machine is for after all ;)
 Oh wowI had no idea. I lived in Mt Brook for about 6 years, Tuscaloosa for a while. Still go down from Memphis quite frequently.

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
Damn, that ain't cheap! And the power to run it can't be either.

By the way, I'm curious @KnownHost-Jonathan: what's the address of your office? Your site lists your HQ as West Chester, PA, but you're saying Birmingham? There is a Birmingham, PA, but it's tiny and 3 hours away from West Chester, so I'm assuming you do mean AL.
Yeah we'll see about the power.

Our support office is in Birmingham, AL.  107 Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd. S.

Oh wowI had no idea. I lived in Mt Brook for about 6 years, Tuscaloosa for a while. Still go down from Memphis quite frequently.
Just right over the hill indeed!  If you're ever passing through let me know and you can stop by.

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
Yeah we'll see about the power.

Our support office is in Birmingham, AL.  107 Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd. S.

Just right over the hill indeed!  If you're ever passing through let me know and you can stop by.

Ah I was right there about a week ago, next time, in town I am grabbing a slushy.

WSWD

Verified Provider
We started with 3 gallons of each this morning (what each hopper holds) and are down to about a gallon in the blue (night shift just now got here) and were down to about a gallon of red and added more to it already.  So basically day shift had 4 gallons worth of slushie. :blink:
In a day???  :eek:    Good god...you guys are some slushy drinking machines! 

Love the idea!  LOL!

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
Well the weekend damage was...

Drum roll....

A whopping 7 (yes seven) gallons!  I'm susprised we didn't have folks leaving in ambulances from going into diabetic shock :blink:

amuck-landowner