amuck-landowner

Totally bolt from the blue..

SM Jaber

Hey there, I am newbie in web browsing. I cannot browse a website "indianvisa-bangladesh.nic.in/visa/" at 9am - 12.30pm. Because their server staying busy that time. As a VISA worker I need to browse this time in that time range. Whatever I got a message from a friend who works like me I mean he is a VISA worker too. He told me that if I buy Hostgator VPS hosting I can browse that website and can catch them free. 

But I cannot understand how do I browse that site through VPS. Is there anyone here to explain the system what he I mean my friend is working through it.

willie

Hostigation is a good VPS company but I don't really see how browsing through a VPS will help, unless it's a geo-location issue.  If the Indianvisa is overloaded during a certain part of the day, it will be overloaded with or without a proxy. 

If you want to give it a try, I suggest starting with the 256MB, $4/month OpenVZ plan for 1 month, so you can see if it helps or not.  The smaller 128MB 1 year plan is definitely powerful enough, but it's a yearly subscription at $20.  You can switch to it if you find that the 1 month VPS does what you need.  If it doesn't help, you only spent $4 instead of $20.

Note that Hostigation has several locations so you probably should get the same one that your friend is using.  Or maybe your friend can let you try browsing through his VPS for a short session before you decide to get your own.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner