amuck-landowner

Tube/Video Site Dedicated Servers?

Infergnome

Hi,

I am setting up a new tube/video site and I would like some information from you guys that know everything about web hosting and dedicated servers.
Dedicated Server 1 will be the front end, database, etc.
Dedicated Server 2 will be where the actual video content will be stored.
Which of the servers needs to be more powerful of the two?
Does Server 1 need alot of bandwidth and storage?

Catfivesens

For different package is different, according to what kind of website you want to build, the higher price is not always better, suitable is best.

Jackwebbby

I have seen huge hosting packages offered by superbithost.com team. These guys know what they do. contact them and see what you'll get. Good luck!

Javalubone

Hi,

I am setting up a new tube/video site and I would like some information from you guys that know everything about web hosting and dedicated servers.
There are some options available in the net that can provide you with the tools and information you need when formulating your hosting decisions.

Kostoprav

I started with QHoster.com - and I am impressed from the start. I moved my personal site to their servers and was so impressed with their service I ended up moving all my sites with the exception of one (it will be moved next week) to them.

TierNet

Verified Provider
hmm it really depends on the set up... I would go for both equivalent servers and maybe free bandwidth within the servers.

nelsahost

Any file server will eat much bandwith,multi media only mean even more ,just calculate how much bandwith you need for 100 visitors watching one simple 100mb video.Now to be completly honest we have little information,just keep in mind having 2 servers doesn't mean it is better than having everything on one decent server.When it comes to first server you will not need much space on it,website and database doesn't need much space and considering you will put multimedia files on second server than there you will need much more.If you host video files embeded than bandwith will be used from second server,second server will eat bandwith foe uploads(files you put on it) and for dowloads(downloads and watching).So first server would need bandwith as it would for any site,every visitor will eat bandwith for loading html,images you have on site..etc
In my opinion better option would be to host multimedia on same server,one decent server will serve that without any problems...if at some point you reach level where you need one more you can always add second,but it is up to you

Orestock

Hi,

Think that HostWinds.com would work fine for your needs. They have good reputation in the hosting services market.
I have found them to be the best host for support, advice, and pricing out of several hosts I have ever seen before.

amuck-landowner