amuck-landowner

Update to vpsBoard's rules and guidelines.

mpkossen

That's odd, because in my experience, Vanilla is second only to MediaWiki in terms of logging paranoia. It even keeps every single edit revision of a post.
That is correct. If you are running a released version of Vanilla and if you're not having cluster derps. Luckily, we're not having issues with that too much lately, but we were having a lot of those issues in October.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
So basically - you come in, make unprovable claims about Curtis whoreposting at your site.. but then tell us that "Anyway, again, I wasn't here to get into a fight. I also didn't mean any harm or try to attack anybody with my previous comment"?

To all of us not privy to how you remember things, it looks very much like you did just that:  waltz in, punch Curtis in the nose without cause, and say 'No hard feelings'.

Mun

Never Forget
So basically - you come in, make unprovable claims about Curtis whoreposting at your site.. but then tell us that "Anyway, again, I wasn't here to get into a fight. I also didn't mean any harm or try to attack anybody with my previous comment"?

To all of us not privy to how you remember things, it looks very much like you did just that:  waltz in, punch Curtis in the nose without cause, and say 'No hard feelings'.
Actually, I was sleeping, not feeling that great, lightly sick.

To prove my claims, you just need to open your eyes. Both CC/LET and Vpsboard allow for the threads to be opened and discussed, but when it comes down to the final decision,  both sides lean a certain way. In this case Vpsboard will lean towards Frantec, or hating CC some more.

Mun

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony

To prove my claims, you just need to open your eyes. Both CC/LET and Vpsboard allow for the threads to be opened and discussed, but when it comes down to the final decision,  both sides lean a certain way. In this case Vpsboard will lean towards Frantec, or hating CC some more.

Mun
Not sure why you quoted my last post... that was directed at mkpossen.

I've actually only seen one anti-BuyVM thread here so far - and the fact that the same nonsense was allowed to go on for 15 pages says more than enough about VPSB's neutrality.  If you could link me to an example better supporting your hypothesis, I'd be happy to give it a read.

Mun

Never Forget
Not sure why you quoted my last post... that was directed at mkpossen.

I've actually only seen one anti-BuyVM thread here so far - and the fact that the same nonsense was allowed to go on for 15 pages says more than enough about VPSB's neutrality.  If you could link me to an example better supporting your hypothesis, I'd be happy to give it a read.

My point is still relevant, though there was a 15 page anti-buyvm thread still doesn't mean that Vpsboard is neutral. Vpsboard is a CC hating, Frantec loving forum. It is easy to see. I don't think that because you host vpsboard is the reason, I actually think that is just a general group of high ranking community members liking you. i.e. (manndude, halfeatenpie, and martinD) Ohh wait that is like all the admins!

If you guys are impossible of seeing this, then frankly you are blind. I have seen it months ago, and even made a thread on it. There is nothing more I can do, then simply say "open your eyes".

Mun

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff

Mun
Well, lets put it this way Mun.

We have a higher population of individuals here who dislike CC.  Do you know why?  Because some of them are banned from LET.  We try hard to be neutral and give everyone the platform and opportunity to do what they please.  Now when it gets out of hand and it goes from "Reasonable" level to "Unreasonable" level (obviously there is no clear distinct line and more based around what's generally accepted by the community), that's when we (the staff) have to get involved.  

In addition, the clientbase of vpsB and LET are very different.  We have content LET can never offer/get, but in turn LET has content we can never offer/get.  

Also the entire "open your eyes" argument is just pure bullshit.  That's like saying "LOOK AT IT ONLY THE WAY I SEE IT", and as you can see from multiple threads here (including the long drama threads) everyone has different opinions and perspectives even when we all have the same information (allegedly), also it sounds pretty pretentious.  

Anyways, I'll end it with this.

vpsBoard and LET are NOT in the same level.  LET is focusing on just the low-end VPS/cheap Dedicated market.  They're in a nitch market about getting the most for less (although the definition of "most" is debatable).  vpsBoard is really just a forum about VPSes.  There's nothing else to it.  I don't understand why people constantly attempt to compare vpsBoard with LET.  Yes we have overlapping members, but hell who doesn't?  Oh vpsBoard and WHT both have overlapping readers, therefore vpsBoard and WHT are easily comparable on the conclusions the community makes during arguments!  

Bottom line, all of us on staff at vpsBoard all work really hard to maintain a neutral stance during "staff -> Community" relations.  Why do I say staff -> Community relations?  Because we're people too with opinions and really are here because we enjoy the community.  When we have to put on the Staff jackets we try to be as equal and as reasonable as possible.  

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
I actually think that is just a general group of high ranking community members liking you. i.e. (manndude, halfeatenpie, and martinD) Ohh wait that is like all the admins!
Of course people like us.  Despite my very abrasive nature, Fran is a very outgoing and helpful guy - quite a few other providers never would've kept their heads above water without his help.  Which he not only gave for free, but never bragged about or rubbed noses over.

Or maybe it's the fact that we're willing to drop tens of thousands of dollars at a time into 100% free upgrades for our clients, like the SSDs or the upcoming backups.  Or that we've managed to retain and improve on our quality without having to compete in the 'race to the bottom' RAM crap everyone else is doing.

Point I'm getting at here is, of course the guys here like us.  They also like Nick at RamNode, Joe of SD, Jack at dotVPS, and the other guys that participate here.  Nothing wrong with building friendships through a community.

Or are you implying that because they like Frantech, that we get some kind of special privilege?  As that's what it sounds like you're trying to say, so you may want to clarify that one rather than dance around the issue.

Mun

Never Forget
Of course people like us.  Despite my very abrasive nature, Fran is a very outgoing and helpful guy - quite a few other providers never would've kept their heads above water without his help.  Which he not only gave for free, but never bragged about or rubbed noses over.

Or maybe it's the fact that we're willing to drop tens of thousands of dollars at a time into 100% free upgrades for our clients, like the SSDs or the upcoming backups.  Or that we've managed to retain and improve on our quality without having to compete in the 'race to the bottom' RAM crap everyone else is doing.

Point I'm getting at here is, of course the guys here like us.  They also like Nick at RamNode, Joe of SD, Jack at dotVPS, and the other guys that participate here.  Nothing wrong with building friendships through a community.

Or are you implying that because they like Frantech, that we get some kind of special privilege?  As that's what it sounds like you're trying to say, so you may want to clarify that one rather than dance around the issue.
Yes I am saying that. They are small, but overtime they do become bigger. Nothing wrong with that, this is manndude's board. My point it, don't call it neutral. It is far from that, and you will never get there. I'd say it is more "Open" then LET anyday.

Yes, Fran has helped a ton of people, and pissed off a few others. He is very smart, very giving, and very caring.

My point in this is two fold. Frantec is seen like princes from another country on Vpsboard, and two VPSBoard is much like LET do to its nature. How can it not be. However, I fully disagree that VPSBoard is like WHT.  It is neither good nor bad this acceptance, but initially that is the way Manndude wanted it "non-let". In a way he failed, but it did become a bigger possibly better board for it.

As a side note @drmike, slow down on the hate threads. It really isn't needed for a weekly slash and dash on CC. We know............. Maybe compile a bigger post?

Mun

Last edited by a moderator:

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Mind clarifying that?  I'm still waiting to see if you're just stating the obvious (that quite a few people on this board are friends with the owner and his staff), or if you're implying that they treat things unfairly.  And if so, an example of this unfairness would be great, as I've seen nothing but neutrality from the guys here.

Mun

Never Forget
It isn't worth my time to try and prove you all wrong, you are set in your oppinions and I respect that. Have fun with what ever you may claim, but I see it differently, and I think many others on here do as well.

Mun

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
...so, here you have someone genuinely willing to listen to what you have to say, and ready to be given examples of unfair treatment - but instead you just give a cop out?  You do nothing but undermine what you tried to achieve with that.

C'mon Mun, at least stand by your convictions.  You were better than this once.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
As a side note @drmike, slow down on the hate threads. It really isn't needed for a weekly slash and dash on CC. We know............. Maybe compile a bigger post?
I slash everyone who needs it.  Have someone to recommend, PM me.   Have a hunch this year that there are going to be a lot more butthurt and violated hosts who ARE NOT CC. Stay tuned.

CC gets the attention because they manufacture MANURE, in mass.   If you can rent a server and adhere to their VPS BIZ in BOX gimmick, you friend are somehow in business/credible/whatever.   It isn't some normal datacenter or dedicated rental company whatsoever.

Frankly, me, I'd straighten this place out (VPSBoard) and put it miles away from the low-end.  I'd not accept CC offers in any way.  There is already a market for that, over there.   Further,  I'd drop the whole VPS-whatever.  Why be pigeon holed in the hosting ghetto.... Kind of like:

shared Cpanel ---> VPS  ---> dedicated --> colo --> bigger provider ---> facility owner.

There'd be increased interest and diversity losing the heavy VPS focus, especially in name.

But alas, I am just a member here.

amuck-landowner