amuck-landowner

US has created a billion dollar electronic "Zero-Day" cyber weapons arsenal to attack individuals an

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Full details here: https://wikileaks.org/hackingteam/emails/emailid/169933there is a lot of information there. For reference and content I'll simply quote a section below:

Zero-day Exploits
The U.S. has poured billions of dollars into an electronic arsenal built with so-called zero-day exploits, manipulations of missteps or oversights in code that can make anything that runs on a computer chip vulnerable to hackers. They go far beyond flaws in web encryption like SSL and OpenSSL, which the NSA has exploited for years without warning the public about it, according to people with knowledge of the matter.

The agency’s stockpile of exploits runs into the thousands, aimed at every conceivable device, and many are not disclosed even to units within the agency responsible for defending U.S. government networks, people familiar with the program said.

Under a directive made public April 11, after Bloomberg News reported the NSA’s utilization of the infamous Heartbleed bug -- a use the agency denied -- the White House said exploits should in most cases be disclosed so computer users can protect themselves.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
1) Anybody with an ounce of common sense shouldn't be surprised by this at all.

2) Every other country is doing the exact same thing and if they aren't I'd be cautious about living there.

The only reason why the NSA sucks so much and is constantly in the spotlight is because of so many leaks happening which is embarrassing. You'd think with all of these tools they would be a little better at keeping things contained... or maybe they are leaking these things on purpose?

Oh well, another day in paradise I guess.  :rolleyes:

amuck-landowner