amuck-landowner

vpsBoard fitness club!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
tl;dr - Get the vacation insurance plan you usually avoid if you're taking a trip to Hawaii, or other countries - if only for medical. A lot of plans are only $20-50, some include comprehensive coverage including full medical, dental, etc. 
It's way too common to have major major major health issue when vacationing.  Lots of folks go to island get aways and end up paralyzed.  It is a big quiet cottage industry.

Know a fellow who went diving in Hawaii and broke his neck and is limited to a wheelchair since.

Shame about the crap care you received @Kris while in Hawaii.  One would expect better care there.  

Keep working the injury and improving upon that.  Nothing knocked me on rear harder and longer than my knee injury from a side impact.

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider
GM Lordstown!  Glad to see that old plant still employing folks.  

Paint shop at auto co's use to be freaking horrendous.  I know lots of dead folks from the fumes, cancer, etc.   Use to not be so good in US plants in paint shops.

Bi-polar weather indeed.   Like I've long said, up north, it's not until mid May roughly that the weather becomes tolerable :)

I am anxious to get gardening (which is my major exercise) and back on the bicycle.
Fortunately this one is a lot better than the old one... GM has a video on their site here:

http://bcove.me/rtdmo1ct

More info about the complex for others:

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/company_info/facilities/assembly/lordstown.html

foreign

Verified Provider
How I didn't find this thread sooner? Heh

I am doing extreme bodyweight exercises(calisthenics) for last 2.5 years. Currently I have between 12 and 15% body fat, I hope I will be able to cut down to 10% or less by the end of June if not May.

Last time when I had 8% body fat I only did cardio 3 or 4 times a week and even now I won't do any diets, I will do "fasting" system. I find diets a lot more stressful than not eating for 17-20 hours. I am starting fasting from tomorrow.

Did anyone else try fasting or want to try it?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Did anyone else try fasting or want to try it?
I've been fasting for decades.

I do two different approaches.  One is just liquid food and not a lot of it.  Other is spans of time with mostly fluids but little to no solid food.

Typically I fast a good 15+ hours every weekend and do fluid version 2 or more days a week.

Fasting should be considered for those with swelling, fluid retention, food allergies and even those with the spring time allergies.   It's a helpful reset for normal folks and can be used in conjunction with return to normal dieting to isolate food allergies and inflammation causes.

Last time when I had 8% body fat I only did cardio 3 or 4 times a week and even now I won't do any diets, I will do "fasting" system. I find diets a lot more stressful than not eating for 17-20 hours. I am starting fasting from tomorrow.
I use to be down in 5-8% body fat area.  Then I started with a heavy supplementation program for nutrification.  With that more bone density happens.  I eat a fraction of what I use to (read I ate TONS) and have both higher pound weight and BMI.

By summer I'll be back to lean, but not down to those body fat levels since I bulk up from physical work and exercise.

amuck-landowner