amuck-landowner

WeLoveServers Sold to HostWinds

CenTex Hosting

Verified Provider
I completely agree, its never a good idea to raise prices for your existing customers as you will end up losing them. Instead, if you are acquiring a company and looking to migrate them to your own hardware/DC/IPs, then I will make sure to create separate server, run them on low profits and leave those customers at the same pricing.

I agree with this as well. Its not the customer fault that they are getting moved nor should the have to pay higher prices because someone bought out their old web host.

That is part of due process when you buy another host out you should make sure that after you make your offer that you are going to be able to keep customers on the same pricing plan. IF you can't afford to do that then you might need to adjust your offer. 

The answer should not be raise current customers price. You can always set your pricing higher for new customers. But leave current customer as they are.

MisterC

50% off is still a whole lot more than I was paying for less of the server i was getting at WLS, mind you the SSD VPS I had over there was super fast with no problems and I migrated to a regular "budget" VPS. 

$6 @ WLS = $39 @ HW w/50% off already

$33 @ WLS = $140.25 @ HW w/50% off already

$38 @ WLS = $96.25 @ HW w/50% off already

No way am I paying about 3-4x for a VPS with lesser specs. So far the live chat hasn't been good, the reps aren't knowledgeable at all. Wonder how many customers are going to be retained with the increases.

Going to migrate my VPSes to chicagovps SSD plans ASAP. Yes, I know CVPS, but their $30 SSD VPS has had no problems at all for me so far.

Also, one of my accounts earlier was migrated BEFORE they decided to give 50% off. It seems like they were going to bring on their normal pricing, but changed their minds after a few weeks.

This ticket is to notify you, that we have completed the migration of your Shared Services to Hostwinds Enterprise Servers!This migration completed without ANY downtime to your services.All you need to do at this time, is update any nameservers you have presently set, to our nameservers, or redirect any custom nameservers you have set to point towards your dedicated IP.We have already rerouted all traffic going to your WeLoveServers Shared Hosting account, to your Hostwinds account, once you have updated your nameservers, no further action will be required on your part.Your updated Hostwinds information was provided to you via e-mail. Your cPanel user and password will remain the same, the only changes would be your IP and hostname for the Shared Server your service is on.At Hostwinds, we own all of our Enterprise level servers, we utilize a Hardware Raid10, using only Western Digital RE Drives. We also closely monitor ALL aspects of our servers and network, to pro-actively correct issues before they occur.We take nightly backups of all of our nodes on off-site storage, retaining a rolling 10 days of backed up data.What this means, is that you will be placed on an Enterprise level server, with data protection. You can rest easy that your data will be safe, and your service will be solid.Hostwinds offers 24/7/365 100% US based support, via phone, live chat, or ticketing system. We pride ourselves in customer service, and strive to offer the best support in the industry.In regards to your service, ALL cPanel details remain the same. We have modified the A records on your previous server to point to your server with Hostwinds.Your due date will be 1 month after the date your service was initially due with WeLoveServers for your product.NOTE: This migration means that for this service, you NO LONGER pay WeLoveServers, all payments will be made to Hostwinds, via your Hostwinds client area.If you have a Paypal subscription for this service, you will need to cancel it to avoid any payments made in error to the wrong company. If you have ANY questions on how to do so, please let us know.If you have ANY questions at all, please let us know, and our technical staff will be able to assist you.Hostwinds will be honoring your current billing contract with WeLoveServers through your next payment date.We look forward to working with you, and once again we welcome you to the Hostwinds family!Kind Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
LOL the logo costed $565 who the hell would pay that for that logo, I paid $60 from Ypson for mine and it looks way more professional that that.

All about the salesmanship.

West has doinked a lot of buyers... I mean one thing to upsell a bit, whole other world with stuff he was pushing.

MisterC

This migration is going not so smoothly for me... My site was on an "index" page for about 5 hours after they switched over my IP and removed my files from the old IP. 

I can't believe they didn't check the contents of the old IP/website to see what it looked like before migrating switching over the IP.

I wasn't able to fix my website for 5 hours I was at work so basically it was "down" for 5 hours and the techs were unable to figure out what to do during those 5 hours and kept telling me to wait, or if I had changed my nameservers etc, they didn't check anything at all.

Basically they seemed to have copy and pasted over the files, didn't FIX the permission on them and misconfigured the firewall.

Basically after work I had to go in and fix the firewall to open up crucial ports needed for the panel I was running and basically had to update all of the IP addresses manually in order for a temporary fix so my site would show up and basically need to fix the permissions on some files. All in all, a headache with support not really helping at all.

TL;DR: They switched over the IP of my website without making sure my website worked, techs were useless, resulted in 5-6 hour downtime. I had to fix it myself once I got off work, not giving me a good impression so far.

amuck-landowner