amuck-landowner

What is your favorite IP Phone?

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
Hey guys, I'm looking for new IP phones and would like to poll you all on which ones you thought were the best and why you think they're the best...

Currently I'm looking at the Cisco CP-7960g or the Aastra 57i... Possibly Even a Polycomm IP 335 but that one is a little less than what I wanted...

Anyway people, let me know which ones you use and such, keep in mind, I'd need atleast a 4 line phone...

Thanks!

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
We use the Mitels (I have a 5330 in my office) at Coke, they work well enough.  My only complaint is how long they take to boot.

Alto

We've got the Cisco CP-7960g's at work, the menus are somewhat unintuitive, and some features (like redial) don't work exactly as you might expect. I also find the handsets a little quiet, but that might just be me.

scv

Massive Nerd
Verified Provider
Digium phones are pretty awful if you want to centrally configure them. We have a few of the Aastra 57i's in the office, no issues to speak of. Be warned though, the M675i expansion (soft keys w/ LCD) doesn't work properly with BLF stops functioning and requires a hard reset after a few days.

Just don't buy Grandstream unless you're willing to deal with poor documentation and frequent bugs.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
The Polycomm units are really quite good - it just gets expensive when you want colour screens and the like. I'm using a Cisco 7960 at the moment... and it's driving me nuts. Had to flash it to provide SIP functionality but the damn thing has no DND button (and you can't create a soft button for it!) and you can't rejects calls..!

So I'm on the lookout for a replacement.

zshen

I've gone through so many polycoms it's not even funny.

We are using the Aastra 6757i's at work..been pretty happy with them.

scv

Massive Nerd
Verified Provider
I'm going to have to agree on the Polycoms. High rate of hardware failure in my case - one customer has gone through no less than 4 Soundstation IP 6000s in the last year alone.

amuck-landowner