amuck-landowner

Which AD network is best for ads.

shinehost

Hi, All

Just wanted to know if any one is doing online Advertising on Google Ads, or any AD network. or website that helped business. 

and effective. Please share. 

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
For us, ads on forums (such as the banners here or on LET/WHT) had a better conversion rate than Adwords. However you should be testing multiple channels before deciding to go with one.

shinehost

@ thanks for reply. But WHT is bit costly as they have very high traffic / but ofcourse they have good target audience,

I signed up with Google Ads today, with their offer of spend 25/get $100 Ad. But its very confusing system. Setting budget, geo etc. Did you guys tried it? How much daily visits/conversion received from that.

Darwin

I do not run a vps provider neither host related, but have used google adwords/admob before.

Google adwords is like gambling. If you know what you are doing it may work, if you don't know then good luck. 

That said you have to do a lot of research before spending any $. Google has a lot of tools that can help you a lot and you really should master those ad planing tools before running any ads. Google (the search tool) is really helpful as you can find a  lot of good resources on how to best spend your ads money.

I will emphasize this, it is a gamble, know your odds and how to bet and it may work.

edit: be prepared to lose a few bucks, your first ads campaign will barely work .

Last edited by a moderator:

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
I think hosting-related words are going to be mighty expensive.  Perhaps if you pair it down to your subspecialty or geography it's more cost-effective, but you still have to do some math to say "I send $X for advertising, I get Y new customers, which is $Z in profit, was it worth it".

Time4VPS

Verified Provider
If you have fat budget and plan for long term advertising Google ads is what you want.

shinehost

Well i cant say i have very big or dedicated budget for advertising. As i am still working on Marketing on Online as well as marketing locally. But its been 2 days i reg. at Google Adwords. I saw many options, some of are very specific with budget, with exact keyword etc. 

So i love that option. On the other hand i am also interested on adding Ad. on forums where actually users come. 

LiamCyrus

Verified Provider
I haven't met a single person who has enjoyed going with adsense. To quote a friend, if you have thousands of dollars to throw away for advertising you may see a return. I'd much rather recommend you opt with directly contacting forum owners for advertisement places for better prices and a more desirable target audience. 

HostSailor

Verified Provider
Definitely forums and directories, or choose some good reputable marketing companies. Google ads, and bing are fairly expensive and if you don't know how to deal with it you'll lose more than you earn, but don't forget organic is the best, so think of it on the long run too, SEO/Directories/forums/ etc.

vps24.net

Verified Provider
We have tried at the beginning the Google promo for adwords. It gives us ~40 hits every day within this budged.

But adwords has so many configuration parameters, rates etc that You can spent any budget in one day :)

It`s very important to choose well the key words - thats the key.

Last edited by a moderator:

JFSG

Verified Provider
After spending about $400+ with Adwords, I've only seen one conversion. Not very effective it seems.

zionvps

Verified Provider
google adwords is not worth it if you do not have a unique content. hosting is a very common content  and so the bidding price per click is crazy (like $4 a click) because of a lot of keyword competition and google will only show the ones bidding highest. IMHO get ad banners in specialized websites like wht ( its still a lot cheaper than adwords)

amuck-landowner