amuck-landowner

WHMCS Ticket close review plugin

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
A few companies in the VPS space use a WHMCS plugin that, when the customer marks a ticket as closed, sends them an e-mail requesting that they review how the ticket was handled. This review includes rating of each of the staff involved in the ticket, overall handling of the ticket, etc. Most likely you've seen this plugin in use before. My question is, for providers who use it, do you find you get much feedback, and is it useful? Also, how is that information presented on the admin side of things, and do you review it much? For those who don't use it, have you considered it before, and do you like the idea of per-ticket feedback?

Artie

Its built into WHMCS. We have it disabled because its enabled for all departments or none. I don't really care for feedback on say, abuse tickets.

VPSCorey

Verified Provider
We use it and get good feedback.  I dont consider it spam, if you get crappy service and never complain or let management know there is a problem how can you expect it to improve?

tmzVPS-Daniel

Verified Provider
We heavily rely on it. We actually offer customers incentives to rate the tickets. We are not able to watch every ticket, the ratings show where improvement is needed. 

- Daniel :)

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Its built into WHMCS. We have it disabled because its enabled for all departments or none. I don't really care for feedback on say, abuse tickets.
Ah, didn't know it was built in - I always assumed it was a plugin. Too bad it's an all-or-nothing.

We use it and get good feedback.  I dont consider it spam, if you get crappy service and never complain or let management know there is a problem how can you expect it to improve?
We heavily rely on it. We actually offer customers incentives to rate the tickets. We are not able to watch every ticket, the ratings show where improvement is needed. 

- Daniel :)
As a customer, I always like seeing that a company uses it. I don't mind taking a quick survey (and indeed I find the survey to be just the right length), and it shows me that a company cares (at least makes a pretense of caring) about my feedback.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
We've used it in the past, have it disabled at the moment due to a template bug with that form that we haven't gotten around to fixing yet. We get quite a bit of feedback that is helpful, and I do like offering a way for clients to offer positive or negative feedback, so we can potentially improve upon service and support.

Would be nice to have the ability to limit it to specific departments.

The amount of people that are more than happy to post comments in that is relatively high from what I've seen, which is really nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
The amount of people that are more than happy to post comments in that is relatively high from what I've seen, which is really nice.
That is nice, I would think most people wouldn't want to bother. Could be because, like I said, it's nice and short. Especially when only one staff member is involved.

New question: has anyone who uses this plugin made a major change due to feedback received from a ticket?

Last edited by a moderator:

AMDbuilder

Verified Provider
The idea is great and we wouldn't mind enabling it, but there needs to be more control over it.  The ability to toggle it's status per department, and perhaps even limit it's frequency.  If someone opens 5-10 tickets in the same week they don't need 5-10 surveys.  One per ticket can be very spammy depending on ticket volume.

TekStorm - James

Verified Provider
We just use a relatively simple action hook to prevent the "Support Ticket Feedback Request" e-mail from being sent for certain departments.

TrentaHost

It's actually a really great tool, what we do in the feedback email is in small print put a small promotion, which changes from time to time, so for clients who actually read the email they can gain something from it. 

BeastVM_Aaron

This is not plugin, whmcs includes this feature as everyone mentioned. I think it's useful even if you don't send them ''feedback'' link because tickets need to be closed to clean view. So if you close ticket without updating your clients that won't be good.

amuck-landowner