amuck-landowner

WHMCS tweaks?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I've got a lot of random servers with a handful of different providers here, and I've noticed a lot of you guys have your own special WHMCS tweaks. A lot of them appear relatively simple, things like custom warning messages being displayed in certain areas, though some other features more advanced. Curious what you guys have done to your stock WHMCS install to customize it to change the user experience or to make your life easier.

What tweaks/adjustments have you made to your WHMCS install?

rds100

Verified Provider
The custom warning messages are a matter of editing a .tpl file.

Apart from that we have created our own server module for managing the Raspberry Pis - things like reinstalls, power control, etc.

AMDbuilder

Verified Provider
We have put a decent amount of work into reworking the default theme, converting to Bootstrap 3 and making it more responsive. In the process we streamlined a large portion of the code eliminating more table, and reinvented "bootstrap" code than should have been required.

Additionally, we do make use of a few extras (all integrated with our theme) to help with product management/usage.  Heck, we even customized the admin theme reducing the wasted space.

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
Turning off licensedebug, forceremote, and revokelocal in configuration.php.  There's really no need for any user on the Internet to be able to call these functions.

In configuration.php:

if(isset($_GET['licensedebug'])) {
unset($_GET['licensedebug']);
exit('Contact support if you need to see this information');
}
if(isset($_GET['forceremote'])) {
unset($_GET['forceremote']);
}
if(isset($_GET['revokelocal'])) {
unset($_GET['revokelocal']);
}
?>
Disclaimer: I copy/pasted this from an old LET post.  Making it into a foreach or array_combine count is left as an exercise for the Gentle Reader  ;)

Virtovo

Verified Provider
Does anyone have any Blesta tweaks that they have made?  We're finding it very customisable; however worry about reworking these as new versions are released. 

Raymii

Turning off licensedebug, forceremote, and revokelocal in configuration.php.  There's really no need for any user on the Internet to be able to call these functions.

In configuration.php:

if(isset($_GET['licensedebug'])) {
unset($_GET['licensedebug']);
}
if(isset($_GET['forceremote'])) {
unset($_GET['forceremote']);
}
if(isset($_GET['revokelocal'])) {
unset($_GET['revokelocal']);
}
?>
Disclaimer: I copy/pasted this from an old LET post.  Making it into a foreach or array_combine count is left as an exercise for the Gentle Reader  ;)
What are these functions for anyway and why are they publicly visible?

amuck-landowner