amuck-landowner

WWW vpsboard site

yomero

No idea where to put this, so I just throw it here.

Today I got here via https://www.vpsboard.com/  (or http://www.vpsboard.com/), and found this:

f4776a0972.png

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Fixed.

Damn failover setup is quite sub-par and doesn't automatically fail-back to the main server. As such, I have to manually revert back to this one... it appears I did not switch WWW back to this server... If you ping it, you'll see that went to a Ramnode box in NYC. vpsBoard is hosted on an BuyVM box in NJ.

StatusCake and Rage4, source of much frustration right now. It will failover automatically to the failover (RamNode) server if I shut down nginx, turn off the server, if vpsBoard is getting hit with a large flood that isn't filtered instantly, or if there are upstream issues. That's great, and it works as intended (though slow, since StatusCake only checks the availability once every 5 minutes.)

The issue is, it doesn't go back to the BuyVM server once it is reachable again. I tried several different configurations and it's something I'll figure out this weekend.

yomero

The issue is, it doesn't go back to the BuyVM server once it is reachable again. I tried several different configurations and it's something I'll figure out this weekend.

I see. Maybe something needs to keep "pinging" the master (NJ) one, to see if it's available again and switch back.

But I don't have much idea about this configurations.

Thanks for fixing this.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I see. Maybe something needs to keep "pinging" the master (NJ) one, to see if it's available again and switch back.

But I don't have much idea about this configurations.

Thanks for fixing this.
No worries. Well, StatusCake does ping it and will even report that it is 'Up', but Rage4 just doesn't automatically revert back to the BuyVM server. I've tried a couple different settings but I need to sit down and dig through some documentation to see what I am doing wrong, or even see if there is a better solution to achieve what I want.

Steven F

Verified Provider
No worries. Well, StatusCake does ping it and will even report that it is 'Up', but Rage4 just doesn't automatically revert back to the BuyVM server. I've tried a couple different settings but I need to sit down and dig through some documentation to see what I am doing wrong, or even see if there is a better solution to achieve what I want.
Maybe just grab a cheap VPS or two and use those to poll every minute instead of StatusCake? Hell, you could even do it from the NYC RamNode server.

amuck-landowner