amuck-landowner

AtratoIP in the troubles

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
It's amazing how many hosts go broke in NL.

*So* many of them resell dedi's from leaseweb for almost no profit margin, target the rapidshare/etc pushers and then go broke.

There was one host on WHT that got all their racks turned off because they didn't pay their bills twice.

Francisco

Last edited by a moderator:

Kruno

Verified Provider
It's amazing how many hosts go broke in NL.

*So* many of them resell dedi's from leaseweb for almost no profit margin, target the rapidshare/etc pushers and then go broke.

There was one host on WHT that got all their racks turned off because they didn't pay their bills twice.

Francisco
RapidSpeeds or HostPlate?

RapidSpeeds has their /23 PI and whole rack with hardware rented, HostPlate was just a simple reseller. Profit margin was probably higher that LEBs so there must be something else that went wrong.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
RapidSpeeds or HostPlate?

RapidSpeeds has their /23 PI and whole rack with hardware rented, HostPlate was just a simple reseller. Profit margin was probably higher that LEBs so there must be something else that went wrong.
Both actually :)

Rapidspeeds went broke I think. They were doing 1gig unmetered and lots of 'we will ignore all dmcas if you buy this gear'. The owner was a funny guy going on about buying a $90k brocade and how he had 40Gbit/sec to himself out of leaseweb.

Hostplate resold boxes and had minimal margins. Likely got a bunch of chargebacks because of the markets they hit and ended up getting screwed. The last time they had a billing outage they bumped all listed prices by $20/m+ each.

Alas they had another billing outage just a few months ago I think?

Francisco

Last edited by a moderator:

Tux

DigitialOcean? lel
So what's the crack with this, I haven't been following anything regarding it.
Atrato needs a nice customer infusion if they want to live. I'm sure that just isn't possible now.

Look on the RamNode IRC though, there's a guy that would love for Atrato to go.

amuck-landowner