amuck-landowner

PSI Alternative

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Hey folks;

I have a project going I'm looking to provide transparency for, and it seems that phpsysinfo is still pretty derpy.  All I'm needing is a smallish script that reports similar info to PSI (example: http://rika.syndtech.net).  I don't need monitoring/reporting of any sort, just a live status page that doesn't stumble on dismount every time you try to view it.  PSI is actually exactly what I'm after - just really poor on performance.  Perl or PHP would be ideal, preferably something that won't require additional packages (just a drop-into-httpd solution).  Any suggestions?

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Are you looking for something like this?
No, a SourceForge 404 isn't quite what I'm after :p

EDIT: Fixed the typo in the URL and landed on the right page.  But no, not really after a monitoring platform.  Just a status display.

Last edited by a moderator:

SrsX

Banned
If you just want it to display the status like if it is up or down, save yourself time and write it yourself.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
If you just want it to display the status like if it is up or down, save yourself time and write it yourself.
He's asking for current available services where he can avoid this ;) Saying "code it yourself" is kind of like saying "cook your own dinner instead of buying".

SrsX

Banned
He's asking for current available services where he can avoid this ;) Saying "code it yourself" is kind of like saying "cook your own dinner instead of buying".
I'm up for a home cooked meal ;).

I stated it'd be easier to code it yourself as he doesn't want anything from the sounds of it besides the current status of the machine, so it'd be a few lines of code to do so.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
I'm up for a home cooked meal ;).

I stated it'd be easier to code it yourself as he doesn't want anything from the sounds of it besides the current status of the machine, so it'd be a few lines of code to do so.
Not quite.  I didn't want the 'status' (as in up/down), but a readout of "hardware" and resource usage.  Hence why I linked directly to a current PSI instance as an example.  I don't mind doing new projects, but re-inventing the wheel when a viable alternative already exists is a bit silly.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
If PSI has what you need (and more), could you not edit out the parts not needed and that way make it both faster and exactly what you want?

I haven't looked at PSI in a very long time but isn't there a conf file that you edit to show what you want?

amuck-landowner