amuck-landowner

Gatsby.im discontinued

Leyton

Verified Provider
It seems that Elliot has discontinued his WordPress hosting service http://gatsby.im/

Hello there,

It's been a great couple of years, however some things simply have to come to an end.

The growth of the network and associated costs incurred means that it's now difficult to financially fund without significant consequences in my personal life.

Although I've been considering this for a while now, it's a difficult decision to make - And not one I've been willing to make lightly.

I apologise for the inconvenience this will cause many of you.

Regards,

E Smith

It's a real shame, as it was an awesome service - but I can appreciate that it is not always possible to perpetually run a free service.

Anyway, thanks Elliot for the great service provided, and best of luck with your future endeavors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
I'm never heard of this company. The only wordpress hosting provider that comes up in my mind is WPEngine.

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
It seems that Elliot has discontinued his WordPress hosting service http://gatsby.im/

It's a real shame, as it was an awesome service - but I can appreciate that it is not always possible to perpetually run a free service.

Anyway, thanks Elliot for the great service provided, and best of luck with your future endeavors.
Hm, I used to speak with Elliot a while back, lost contact with him though. If it's discontinued due to his server costs I might be able to help as long as people still want it. ;-)

Virtovo

Verified Provider
I'm happy to offer some resources to keep this alive.  I came across it a long time ago (not connected to here or LET) before I visited these sites.  Seemed like a very good service.

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
I'm guessing this is a combination of:

• significant monthly expense (he rented a dedicated server to run it, plus some CDN I think)
  • significant monthly headache...besides just the sysadmin work, there were probably tickets and questions and wordpress patches and plugin X that had an issue and all of that
  • no income/not enough income from the project. I think he was planning to do a freemium model but I'm guessing the free:pay ration was hideous.
  • he was young and probably realized that while it was fun, there was nothing more to learn and there were better things he could do with his time.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
So, what happened to the blogs he was already hosting?
They'll probably meet the same fate that the free uncensored blogs at (the Pirate's Bay) baywords.com met : need to find new homes quickly.  Baywords.com now forwards to a Russian software site.

joepie91

They'll probably meet the same fate that the free uncensored blogs at (the Pirate's Bay) baywords.com met : need to find new homes quickly.  Baywords.com now forwards to a Russian software site.
Is there a list of Gatsby-hosted blogs somewhere?

amuck-landowner