amuck-landowner

ARP issue?

Virtovo

Verified Provider
I just want to confirm my thinking on this issue.  The provider I am trying to work this through with are not accepting this is the issue:

Randomly an IP drops off and cannot be pinged/connected to.

If accessing the machine via other means and sending a ping from the machine, it works fine and then the server can once more be pinged/connected to for a brief period of time.  

My thoughts are issues around arp entries and sending a ping from the machine enables access until it drops of the arp cache again.

WebSearchingPro

VPS Peddler
Verified Provider
I just want to confirm my thinking on this issue.  The provider I am trying to work this through with are not accepting this is the issue:

Randomly an IP drops off and cannot be pinged/connected to.

If accessing the machine via other means and sending a ping from the machine, it works fine and then the server can once more be pinged/connected to for a brief period of time.  

My thoughts are issues around arp entries and sending a ping from the machine enables access until it drops of the arp cache again.
Is it just one IP or multiple?

goo

This may or may not be related but randomly some people out of around 100ish connected to my Dacentec on a specific IP will just drop at once for around a minute then reconnect. 90% of people never drop, but only a few will.

Wintereise

Instead of having it cleared, why don't you ask them what their expire-age is set to, and when this happens -- is the IP actually in the table?

sh mac-address-table interface <> / sh arp interface vlan/irb.unit, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner