amuck-landowner

Whoisdoma - A new kind of whois search

FHN-Eric

Verified Provider
Today, I'm announcing Whoisdoma, a new kind of whois search. At the moment, dns lookup, and ip lookup is not supported. The site is http://whoisdoma.com. What makes Whoisdoma different? The code for backend api that we use on api.whoisdoma.com is available freely on github. There is also an installer for our api core also available in github. Both the backend, and frontend are built using laravel. I have been working on adding dns api to the Whoisdoma api core, but due to the graphics card on my laptop going bad I have not been able to upload the dns api to github, once I get my new laptop I'll be uploading the changes to github.

https://github.com/Whoisdoma/core
https://github.com/Whoisdoma/installer

Q/A:
How
are the whois servers stored?
They are stored in the database, and they are selected by tld. Ex: if you look up a .com, the api core will get the first result that matches com, and grab the value for the whois server from the database.

How are api keys stored?
They are also stored in the database.

Users are stored in the database, is there a way to add another user?
At the moment, no, but it will be implemented in a future update

Is the code for the front end available?
Sorry, but we provide the code for our api backend only, if you want to build a front end using api yourself you have the api core, or you will be able to request an api key from us in a future front end update.

Can I make improvements to the api core?
Yes, feel free to fork the api core, and the installer and submit a push of changes, or bug fixes.

Will Whoisdoma always be free to perform whois lookups on?
I have no plans to charge for any features offered on whoisdoma.com, As such, ads for vps providers may be added in the future if there are any sponsorships. One thing you won't see is google ads.

What features are planed for whoisdoma.com?
In the future, updates to the front end will offer the ability to create an account, and save searches to a dashboard. Api for mywot.com, and alexa will also be added to improve whois search results.

FHN-Eric

Verified Provider
Nice copy and paste.

The "Your IP part" in the site is not showing my IP btw.
That would be because we are using cloudflare for dns. I'll be installing the cloudflare apache mod today to fix that.

It's not a copy and paste, It's designed with bootstrap to be mobile device friendly.

Last edited by a moderator:

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
The copy and paste he was referring to is your first post. A lot of it is Q & A style, but it seems the line breaks or whatever separators you were using didn't carry over, so the post seems very disjointed.

GIANT_CRAB

Many people ask me why I still using bgp.he.net.

Well, its because its still one of the best ones out there.

+1 rep for Hurricane Electric (BTW, HE bandwidth in Asia still sucks, so -1 rep for HE)

Last edited by a moderator:

sv01

Slow but sure
1st test failed

Code:
Runtime Error!
Whoisdoma has encountered a runtime error, this has been logged for our development team, and should be fixed soon.

ZEROF

I didn't look how this was coded, but this don't show my IP address lol. And in 3 line of code you can do that much better. 

amuck-landowner