amuck-landowner

[Confirmed] GreenValueHost being sold to XFuseSolutions

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Browsing WHT today to read the latest GVH drama, I stumbled upon this thread:
 http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1456982

It's your normal run of the mill negative GVH thread that we've all come to expect.

Anyhow, in comes @XFSDuke to the rescue to answer questions! ( http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=9377205&postcount=18 )

When asked if he is involved with GVH, he claims he is not but may 'buy them soon'.

M453xC2.png

Supposedly he has zero current involvement...

Interestingly enough, Jonny himself PMed me this gem:

fotjQUg.png

At least we know XFS Duke is a real person and not just a made up alias like last time Jonny 'stepped down'.

So, how does someone who is still recovering (financially) from a motorcycle crash (http://www.gofundme.com/d5uzbw) possibly acquire such a brand?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
So, how does someone who is still recovering (financially) from a motorcycle crash (http://www.gofundme.com/d5uzbw) possibly acquire such a brand?
Oh, you went where I was going.  So I will act *shocked* at your suggestion.

Not so sure it's a buyout, GVH to the right person/company would be a decent buy, patch up, make people happy and stay hosting.  But it would be a costly purchase I suspect.

I remember when Jonny was pretending to go down the suicide route on LET to avoid responsibility for his fuck ups that Xfuse helped him out.  Perhaps he remained to help.

A few comments have been getting made around places around Xfuse but whether true or not I don't know, source reliability is 1/10.

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
After all the horror stories I've seen, I doubt the buyout of GVH would be that much...

Quite the opposite, The stories you see and hear maketh the legend and bring in the clients.  Their notoriety gives them the kind of marketing visibility most hosts only dream of. 

Their client base albeit very soiled is still significant.  The right provider/person coming in and cleaning up the mess could easily turn it around.  

Hence there is value in it.

PortCTL

I don't get how people trashing your business, is good for your business?

Did someone screw up the marketing plan, or...?

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
I don't get how people trashing your business, is good for your business?

Did someone screw up the marketing plan, or...?
That's hosting for you, but in the budget market particularly.

There are a lot of people in the world trying to make their fortune (relatively speaking) in hosting.  People to whom only the cheapest is what they can afford.  So they will tolerate brands like GVH.  Others will see the reviews but the fact they continue to survive is enough for people to jump in.

You see it on LET/LEB as well,  Providers seem to do better in terms of sales resulting from an LEB ad that gets lots of negative comments.  Maybe people are curious and willing to accept the loss if it's really bad.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Sorry folks, I was out and away all day.  Playing catch up.

I'll pretend like I don't know anything about this matter :)  Such public disclosure is premature as nothing at last check has been signed (yes, actual paperwork).

What I will say is GVH won't be the same company it is come next month.  It won't be ColoCrossing or any of their shell game owners either.

GVH customers will have a better experience, services and support that will not be lead by Jonny.

Original ETA on things happening was weeks outward - think during March.  

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
Thanks @drmike. I'm glad I was waiting to make the announcement until everything was signed. Thanks @MannDude lol.

Either way, yes, it's true. The state of GVH as a whole has been leaving a really bad taste in my mouth. I helped Jonny out here and there but mostly I just sat back and watched. Finally pulled the trigger on a plan and it is working out. In all honesty, Jonny isn't that bad, just needs a ton of guidance. While things aren't completely finalized yet and since I just got back from a tour/look around at Zayo in Dallas (Still in Dallas, TX if anyone wants to say Hi!), I have a lot of nice plans for the customers to increase their uptime and stability.. I don't have the final announcement setup yet, but you guys are right. I know a lot of you will say it's a bad deal and this and that, but in the week or so that I started dealing with a few things, I've gotten a lot of things done.

In personal news, while my motorcycle accident didn't kill me, it did hurt me financially. So far, I've been able to pull out of massive debt and work this deal. While I admit it's a little odd, honestly, it's not that hard to believe. This is the time of the year when things are able to happen easily for people. XFuse has been growing constantly and the money from that, as well as personal funding from people in the know, I was able to pull this off. I'd just hope that everyone here and anywhere this will be posted as well knows that I will do my best to fix the issues. I know most of you believe that I am a one man show, but it isn't the case. What I'm able to bring is a team that'll help me make the customer experience a much better one. Believe me when I say this, only the best will be put forth into this.

There will be an official announcement coming soon regarding all of the changes that are to follow. If you're a current customer, you'll be very happy with my changes. Guaranteed.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
For matters of disclosure, should be noted GVH Jonny for eons has been back and forth with me about his many "ideas". I've keep loose tabs on his company, moreso than most. No secret there.

Few months back there was serious effort and interest in spinning pieces of GVH off (think killing lines of products offered by passing such onto other companies). Those efforts weren't successful, and I pinged a number of people I know with the idea/offer. Fact is, most people won't touch a highly visible scandal brand like GVH nor do they want the client base it attracts. In the LowEnd market, anyone with the financial ability to do something wasn't interested. Finally, the CC folks don't want the nightmare of another fold-in / shell company proven in public's eyes. Yes, they continue to want to be drama free.

Duke and his team are the people involved, per his post above. There will be official clarification, press, etc. about this during the next business week contingent on signed paperwork. Unsure why Jonny went public disclosing things and taunting. Rest assured that after said deal, Jonny will not be actively involved in the operations, promotions or any other aspect involving that customer base. This isn't one of those random title shift and create randomness decoys either. The customers and business will be converted to an entirely new operating unit / company name. Customers will not be migrated, yet again. More servers will be added to deal with load / resources. GVH for all purposes herein after the deal will cease to actively exist in the offer markets we all see (relating solely to lines of products being purchased from GVH).

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
There will be an official announcement coming soon regarding all of the changes that are to follow. If you're a current customer, you'll be very happy with my changes. Guaranteed.
Any input on which product lines you're taking over? Just VPS' or dedicated servers as well?

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Any input on which product lines you're taking over? Just VPS' or dedicated servers as well?

Francisco
Duke stepped away for a bit so I'll jump in here.

I am probably overstepping here, but no reason at this point not to say it, the lines being taken over will be VPS (obvious long term issue with GVH and stability, performance, etc.) and the dedicated servers (which are CC rentals mostly backside).

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Duke stepped away for a bit so I'll jump in here.

I am probably overstepping here, but no reason at this point not to say it, the lines being taken over will be VPS (obvious long term issue with GVH and stability, performance, etc.) and the dedicated servers (which are CC rentals mostly backside).
So what's left?

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So what's left?

Francisco
Good question.   Probably a basket of reseller services, licenses, and products intended for other markets.

I'll say the greevaluehost domain, company and namesakes are not being acquired.   So GVH will continue to exist to some extent after such deal.  Ideally GVH does not come back for round #2 offering the same services like they did prior with namely shared hosting  (3-4 times I do believe, at minimum).

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Just out of general curiosity, how do you know all of this @drmike ?
Firsthand.

I do various strategic, business development, marketing, press, etc. for companies in the hosting industry (moonlighting for past two years and recently a bit more serious invasion of day hours).  GVH was a pro-bono style informal relationship where I'd throw Jonny  input when needed (goes without saying he tends to do things contrary to my input - drama is alright to some extent only).  

When GVH sale concept became topic months back I was active on the matter.  This is the inevitable end of that journey and process.

That said, the new paperwork agreements, and parties I am in the middle of.  So I have documents due for the finalization of the deal for both parties to sign and legally move forward properly.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Hate to state the obvious, but there's never value in buying customers as they shift constantly from provider to provider in that price range. Acquiring the client base of GVH is likely going to cost more than it will be worth, and quite honestly is a stupid move to even go anywhere close to GVH. *shrug* just my opinion, but No way would I go close to that ever.

Don't be surprised when Jonny starts this up all over again with the same silly offers that don't spin a profit.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Hate to state the obvious, but there's never value in buying customers as they shift constantly from provider to provider in that price range. Acquiring the client base of GVH is likely going to cost more than it will be worth, and quite honestly is a stupid move to even go anywhere close to GVH. *shrug* just my opinion, but No way would I go close to that ever.
There is a lot of this sentiment in segment and not just on the low dollar customers lately.

I get why folks don't want the headache and all of acquiring customers in bulk.  Deals that do happen, often end up in not such good outcomes (not naming anyone).  Lots of work to do better.

Only reason this deal is remotely doable on customer side is that they are staying put.  No more migrations (common drop / annoyance point).  Change to customers will be minimal annoyance.  Perhaps URL redirects to new stuff with proper notice of change.  PayPal stuff changes obviously, but unless are on autopay, who really notices much there?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well, I wish him luck with that. Hopefully Johnny doesn't come back to the industry.
Bahaha!  He'll be in the industry no doubt.  This stuff is who Jonny is.   Just thinking his next round will be more sustainable and less public noise and likely less visible on our radars.

amuck-landowner