amuck-landowner

$4.99 1GB Ram Windows Or Linux KVMS!

msp - nick

Verified Provider
Removed by administration. Reason: Rules. Resubmit in 6 days.

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
C'mon now...

Can you at least do a write-up? A sales pitch? List relevant information such as test IPs or datacenter locations? :p

KuJoe

Verified Provider
C'mon now...

Can you at least do a write-up? A sales pitch? List relevant information such as test IPs or datacenter locations? :p
+1, I was looking to order a new Windows VPS as a jump box but if this is the most effort he'll put into an ad I can only imagine how much effort I would get if I had to open a ticket. Oh well, my money just went elsewhere.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
+1, I was looking to order a new Windows VPS as a jump box but if this is the most effort he'll put into an ad I can only imagine how much effort I would get if I had to open a ticket. Oh well, my money just went elsewhere.
I've never been looking to order a Windows VPS but it would be useful for those who are looking for one if offers stated which versions of Windows are available, and most importantly, whether it is a fully licensed Windows or whether it is one of the 180(?) day trial versions that so many low end VPS's are offering.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Hi,

DC is in USA.

I can PM IP info to you.

Windows is unlicensed and on 180 day licenses.
It doesn't work like that. When you submit an offer there is a wall of text displayed where you type your offer that you must read before you ctrl+a / del it. Needs to have more info...

How did this ad get approved in the first place?
Because people don't respond to PMs. I accepted the offer and requested the required information as that has a higher success rate of people actually responding.  And now we all see what a bad offer was submitted.

Alternatively I could have just deleted it + sent a WHT style infraction "Offer formatting" which I considered, but am leaning more towards making this stuff public nowadays as it hits it home better.

I guess the rules here are just a suggestion...
See above. :)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Bahahaha, I need a vpsBoard WayBackMachine...   What did I miss?

Was he offering SEO services again also? 

^ Still waiting for an explanation on that.  Thought the UFO abducted him.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Bahahaha, I need a vpsBoard WayBackMachine...   What did I miss?

Was he offering SEO services again also? 

^ Still waiting for an explanation on that.  Thought the UFO abducted him.
No, was just an offer that listed specs and an order link.

Had no writeup, no other required information.

I requested the information and it wasn't provided, and following up on a reported content submission for this thread removed the offer. Was expecting to receive the requested information so I could just add it to the offer as I sometimes have to do for others who don't list all the info requested.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
@MannDude it seems like more work for you and the team by letting these providers fix their mistakes instead of following the rules like the rest of us. It's easier to just delete the thread and forcing them to contact you to fix it instead of the other way around. The hand holding doesn't benefit anybody except for kids who want to play the spam game with the least amount of effort. If you want to continue doing it this way (as a form of public shaming), approve the thread but replace all of the content in the post with a placeholder (maybe a funny meme about how they had to manually highlight the rules just to break them) and tell them to send you a proper post to replace the image with and that would accomplish the following:

1) Teach them a lesson. They'll be sure to read the rules better next time.

2) They'll be quicker to respond with a proper post because no professional company wants a shaming meme showing up on Google under their name.

3) The rest of us can get a good laugh instead of being disappointed in seeing that not following the rules still gets their ad displayed.

4) You won't be considered a tyrant while dishing out a punishment fitting the crime.

joepie91

@MannDude it seems like more work for you and the team by letting these providers fix their mistakes instead of following the rules like the rest of us. It's easier to just delete the thread and forcing them to contact you to fix it instead of the other way around. The hand holding doesn't benefit anybody except for kids who want to play the spam game with the least amount of effort. If you want to continue doing it this way (as a form of public shaming), approve the thread but replace all of the content in the post with a placeholder (maybe a funny meme about how they had to manually highlight the rules just to break them) and tell them to send you a proper post to replace the image with and that would accomplish the following:

1) Teach them a lesson. They'll be sure to read the rules better next time.

2) They'll be quicker to respond with a proper post because no professional company wants a shaming meme showing up on Google under their name.

3) The rest of us can get a good laugh instead of being disappointed in seeing that not following the rules still gets their ad displayed.

4) You won't be considered a tyrant while dishing out a punishment fitting the crime.
This seems like a good idea to me :)

amuck-landowner