amuck-landowner

Anyone using vestaCP? vestaCP review?

jebat_ks

I'm volunteered tester for VestaCP(in a sense that Serghey will email me to test something new before releases).

Granted I've never really deeply involved, but at least I can vouch for its stability & performance because I use it for production for a few month already.

Been using it to host few WordPress & static websites and I must say that it perform better under load compared to my cPanel or VirtualMin setup. Maybe because of the Nginx reverse proxy part.

jarland

The ocean is digital
I'm volunteered tester for VestaCP(in a sense that Serghey will email me to test something new before releases).

Granted I've never really deeply involved, but at least I can vouch for its stability & performance because I use it for production for a few month already.

Been using it to host few WordPress & static websites and I must say that it perform better under load compared to my cPanel or VirtualMin setup. Maybe because of the Nginx reverse proxy part.
The nginx proxy and the fact that it's well configured out of the box. This is key. It is very evident to me that the entire purpose behind the project is quality. I'm a big fan.

akz

what would be the minimum ram reqd spec to run vestaCP? looking to run this on a test box with 256 - 512mb ram.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
what would be the minimum ram reqd spec to run vestaCP? looking to run this on a test box with 256 - 512mb ram.
I am running three domains on a 128MB (+128 swap) box. So 256 MB of RAM is ok and 512 MB of RAM really good.

Of course it depends on what additional php scripts you are running.

Reactions: akz

akz

I am running three domains on a 128MB (+128 swap) box. So 256 MB of RAM is ok and 512 MB of RAM really good.

Of course it depends on what additional php scripts you are running.
awesome thanks will give it a try later tonight.

Taronyu

Am I the only one where the installer quits when it wants to restart bind? On every Debian based OS.

Send from my Galaxy S3

jarland

The ocean is digital
Am I the only one where the installer quits when it wants to restart bind? On every Debian based OS.Send from my Galaxy S3
I've used ubuntu 12 and didn't have that problem. Make sure to run "dpkg --purge bind9" first but I would think it would give an error before it installs if it was already installed.

Taronyu

I've used ubuntu 12 and didn't have that problem. Make sure to run "dpkg --purge bind9" first but I would think it would give an error before it installs if it was already installed.
It does :p

Does anybody know if it is possible to only install a few parts of it? so exclude DNS and mail. But include webhosting and MySQL.

Send from my Galaxy S3

nunim

VPS Junkie
It does :p

Does anybody know if it is possible to only install a few parts of it? so exclude DNS and mail. But include webhosting and MySQL.

Send from my Galaxy S3
You can simply disable the services you do not need, I've disabled ftp.

HostGuard

Verified Provider
It will be nice once they get a cPanel conversion tool. Without an automated way to migrate sites from cPanel, this will limit a lot of the large hosts as for now, it's currently a manual process.

Hopefully development is very responsive. It's a feature that's been requested on their forum and acknowledged by the developers.

MikroVPS

Verified Provider
We testing this to our free hosting services, pretty good.

It have nice and logical configurations (and config files), high speed, and you can install via apt!

amuck-landowner