amuck-landowner

ChicagoVPS | 2 NEW LOCATIONS! | Dallas, New Jersey | $4 1GB VPS

Kris

Would make sense why when I was working for HVH I saw someone ask BlueVM why they had a HVH assigned IP. I checked BGP.he.net and magically we had something like 7 /24 ranges for HVH.

I guess their script to swap out the Net Info on their hoarded IP blocks that day was broken - We requested ~ 62 ips a few days before. Bit of a discrepancy. 

All were quickly switched to CC's name. 

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/8057/bluevm-transfer/p2 - Jack mentioned / saw it.

CC keeps all IPs under their name, but I think HVH has like 10-12 abuse net-handles / contacts? Sounds off. Nothing against ChicagoVPS, the ~100k IPs just doesn't match their DC's growth. 

Wouldn't be surprised if they've been using their client's companies names to apply for IP space. Would make sense how they're accumulating 10's of thousands of IPs with IPv6 "TBD"

Nothing against ChicagoVPS, just something I've noticed with their datacenter's tactics. 

Disclosure: I actually have a few backup boxes there should something go historic, one VPS has actually two IPs.. Guess I'm part of the problem.  <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner