amuck-landowner

ChicagoVPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppr

I wish I found / joined LET earlier, that way I might have a clue at what the beef is between CVPS, CC and everyone else (or thats what it seems from the outsiders point of view). From a personal point of view I have a VPS from CVPS and have had no problems with it (I will admit that its one that I mess around with, I only had to contact their support once to ask where my server was but that was after their $2 promo so they were a bit stacked and I haven't been around LET long enough to understand whats going on :))
Version 2 of explanation :

1. LEB & LET founded by someone called LEA

2. CC is a colo/daycare provider and CVPS was born and brought up there

3. CVPS gets exclusive pricing ( some speculate free) on deals from CC

4. Meanwhile LEA got busy and offered the sites to someone called Chief who is known to fly kites

5. CVPS rubs salt on LEB/LET by offering deep discounts and other providers were forced to match them at one point.

6.. Many did and CVPS was gracious enough (!!) to intro other providers into the CC pool and offered them deals they cant refuse

7. At one point LET realised most offers are from CC based operations and some speculated some of these brands are just spinoffs which wont deadpool but offer ultracheap VPS

8. The person who was flying kites suddenly disappeared (supposedly with stash of cash) leaving LET in the hands of CC

9. Cohorts who were rubbing salt with CC/CVPS, revolted and created new forum(s) and are running addiction camps and refugee centers On IRC, skype, etc., etc.,

10. LET was hacked 3 times in a single day and people at the CC daycare are figuring that out while.. we are witnessing a pony fight...

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
That was funny @Peppr.

#3 === true.  CC has CVPS in billing.   Certainly given freebies and deals though.

#4 - Chief == Joel and owns and Aussie kite company

#8 - Chief didn't disappear, but morphed.  Whether Joel was still involved or not I am not sure.   But he certainly was being Colocrossing's bitch according to stories as JonBi would call him up and tell him to post without delay offers that were CC "customers".

#9 is true.  All sorts of people were slow draining from LET for past year.  Can't trust a market ran by a provider.

#10  3 hacks, all users made moderator, all accounts exposed to public.

CC claims to have Vanilla authors involved in trying to get back online now, as per Liam.

Biggest point omitted, is that CC lied and denied any ownership of LET/LEB, up and past the time where the hack occurred.  It wasn't until a CC rep said they owned the site on a public forum prior to being grilled.

Took better part of 2 days for CC to admit data leaked.

peppr

@, Thanks, I was trying to tell the story without mentioning obvious names, however it helps to have them too..

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner