amuck-landowner

clamhost.com - bad billing practices

Licensecart

First thing did you even try to fight the charge backs? Are you going to find a way to recoup that 2800 dollars that was scammed from your company in small claims court? If the paypal account is closed how will he get his money? I am sorry by law you are still legally obligated to refund his money in some shape or form!  
Well back in 2011, I was -$9.99 once and I had PayPal threatening Legal action against me haha so I'm surprised they just closed that account with $2,800 due. 

William

pr0
Verified Provider
In Europe even more interesting; i had 800EUR due - they closed the account and sent it to collections, i paid the collection agency 200EUR after a few months and had the entire debt gone... i doubt PayPal really sues anyone for a few k EUR/USD.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
In Europe even more interesting; i had 800EUR due - they closed the account and sent it to collections, i paid the collection agency 200EUR after a few months and had the entire debt gone... i doubt PayPal really sues anyone for a few k EUR/USD.
If unsecured debt sales and collections are anything like in the States, they bundle all those in a portfolio.  Then it goes on market / open bid.  Floor offer is based on type of risk being assumed (which correlates to statistical likelihood people are going to pay).

Paying 200 EUR for 800 EUR debt a few months out indicates they viewed the debt in that portfolio sold as worthless. 

The underlying cost there was 80 EUR tops to buy the debt. So the debt collector more than doubled their spend to purchase the debt.  Good ROI.  Good for you too :)

amuck-landowner