amuck-landowner

DediCube vpsBoard Pre-Order Exclusive!

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
These are in Dell chassis, with 2 fixed bays.
I'm assuming blades? Since most 1U servers have 4+ bays.

Also, any chance for a newer CPU? E3-1231v3 is marginally faster and costs only $40 more.

Steven F

Verified Provider
I'm assuming blades? Since most 1U servers have 4+ bays.

Also, any chance for a newer CPU? E3-1231v3 is marginally faster and costs only $40 more.
We intend to stock Dual E5620s, Dual x5650s, E3-1231 v3s, and dual E5-2620 v3s in the coming months. We can provide customized solutions now, but won't readily have stock of the aforementioned servers available for a bit. However, we should have a decent amount of the E3-1220s available for a few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
We intend to stock Dual E5620s, Dual x5650s, E3-1231 v3s, and dual E5-2620 v3s in the coming months. We can provide customized solutions now, but won't readily have stock of the aforementioned servers available for a bit. However, we should have a decent amount of the E3-1220s available for a few weeks.
Could you please answer my first question?

Steven F

Verified Provider
Just wondering why you can't put 4 drives / 32GB RAM?
Sadly, it's a limitation of Dell on the drives (a lot of their drive configurations are very "weird" from a dedicated server perspective [2 fixed bays, 6 x 2.5" hotswap in 2U, et-cetera]). As for 32 GB, that's a limitation of the vendor we got these from. We will not be doing business with them again, though, and my other vendors can provide 32 GB of RAM on these (though, we've already had 20 of these shipped, with more coming soon from our new vendor).

If you need 4 drives and more RAM, I can provide that in a dual E5620 or dual x5650 at some pretty darn competitive pricing. I know I can provide at least 8 drives on the x5650s, possibly up to 12. Let me know what you'd need and I can put together a quote.

Steven F

Verified Provider
If anyone is curious about rent-to-own @HalfEatenPie

1U of Colocation

1U of Space

1 amp @ 120v of Power

10 TB on 100 Mbps Public Uplink

/29 IPv4 and /64 IPv6

Free OS Reinstalls and power control via our panel (IPMI or BMC required)

$49.95 a month! (Normally $99.95 a month!)

E3-1220, 16 GB of RAM, 1 x 1 TB HDD: +$49.95 a month to our 1U package for 24-months or $89.95 a month for 12-months.

amuck-landowner