amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost is moving again.

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
What's even funnier about all of this is lil' Jonny advertised Amsterdam as a location just 5 days ago on WHT: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1447754&
Way back then, GVH had a "commitment to excellence in hardware and network quality."

Now "Customers in Amsterdam formerly were hosted on Xeon E3-1240v3 and Dual E5-2620v3 nodes with inferior specifications (Enterprise SATA drives, less RAM, software raid, inferior hardware RAID cards)".

I'm guessing that when customers bought VPSes in Amsterdam five days ago, there was not a disclaimer saying "btw, you're OK with being on servers that have inferior specifications, right?"

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I would imagine at this point his general customer base consists of those who are unable to read English very well. Some of their latest reviews seems like they're written by those who speak English as a second language, so I'd imagine for a lot of customers the most important thing is the conversion of USD to their local currency.

msp - nick

Verified Provider
I would imagine at this point his general customer base consists of those who are unable to read English very well. Some of their latest reviews seems like they're written by those who speak English as a second language, so I'd imagine for a lot of customers the most important thing is the conversion of USD to their local currency.
I don't know why people still go to them, they offer a cheap service, nothing fantastic...

Hxxx

Well is super cheap, an E3 for 30 dollars for some individuals might be more important that all the bad reviews they might have. I have asked their provider for price match, they refuse.

But also such low prices on dedicated , pretty sure is all in debt. Is not sustainable.

The irony.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well is super cheap, an E3 for 30 dollars for some individuals might be more important that all the bad reviews they might have. I have asked their provider for price match, they refuse.

But also such low prices on dedicated , pretty sure is all in debt. Is not sustainable.

The irony.
$30 dedis are straight up ColoCrossing puppeteering up GVH's arse.

Underlying server bill in CC world can't be lower than $25/mo.  Meaning $5 spread.   From that all costs for payment and support.

How is that sustainable?  It isn't unless...  Where this is entirely "whitelabeled" and GVH is just the sales person.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Sign the deal with the devil and he'll make all your debt go away.

What's next for CC-light?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Glad to see they finally moved, there Amsterdam DC was slow and lacking quality.

Good post.
Really AMS wasn't happy location for them?  Someone else said it was good to UK on latency, but, beyond that not much info.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Expect more movement for clients.

Usually when companies go all-in Colocrossing, they drop other locations and shuffle stuff from CC other locations that are more costly (think Seattle, Los Angeles, LAX and Dallas (to lesser extent)).

Again, VPS line and non profitability big picture or just not profitable enough.  Fundamental basic math problems where something like VPS can't be figured out properly.

Good textbook example of why to do your numbers before you ever make your initial offer and to know your full rate and maximum tolerable discount level.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Is he even still in LA? Did he get his debt at Quadranet paid off or did he move elsewhere in the building to one of Colocrossing's rented racks at Quadranet?

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Is he even still in LA? Did he get his debt at Quadranet paid off or did he move elsewhere in the building to one of Colocrossing's rented racks at Quadranet?
Go back a page or two in this thread. :p The migration to Quadranet LA/Dallas was very short lived (less than 3 months) and everyone was migrated back to CC last summer.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Go back a page or two in this thread. :p The migration to Quadranet LA/Dallas was very short lived (less than 3 months) and everyone was migrated back to CC last summer.
Oh they still have LAX live at GVH.   Unsure which provider it is, but expect it to be phased I'd think.  That's not cheapest location to be (Buffalo would be).

amuck-landowner