amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost outsources customer support to India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
At best I can see someone being swallowed by their upstream before the end of the year.
It's also worth clarifying what those numbers actually mean, for folks that aren't familiar with actual accounting.

That image is for an income forecast report - not actual revenue, but what he potentially could make in one year on the assumption that every plan was renewed with no cancellations. 

The chart showing actual sales and income is called the Annual Income Report (the Income by Product report also works), and that is something you won't see him post as anyone with a decent grasp on division (or a handy calculator) could very quickly spot fabrications.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
It's also worth clarifying what those numbers actually mean, for folks that aren't familiar with actual accounting.

That image is for an income forecast report - not actual revenue, but what he potentially could make in one year on the assumption that every plan was renewed with no cancellations. 

The chart showing actual sales and income is called the Annual Income Report (the Income by Product report also works), and that is something you won't see him post as anyone with a decent grasp on division (or a handy calculator) could very quickly spot fabrications.
Flat values are bad to look at anyways. He "resells" Dedi's, which he isn't turning any massive amounts of profit on. So those dedi rentals are going to inflate his estimated income, but doesn't actually translate into money in the bank.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Flat values are bad to look at anyways. He "resells" Dedi's, which he isn't turning any massive amounts of profit on. So those dedi rentals are going to inflate his estimated income, but doesn't actually translate into money in the bank.
That's how you know the whole thing is a sham to begin with... he's "paying for expansion" with "an influx of new sales", rather than money already available.  That is, if you believe his story about not being a CC bankroll.

hellogoodbye

Can somebody explain to me what exactly is so wrong about GVH having financial ties to ColoCrossing? I keep seeing that name come up but it's hard to understand why that's such a bad thing without any context or back story. Thank you!

Virtovo

Verified Provider
Can somebody explain to me what exactly is so wrong about GVH having financial ties to ColoCrossing? I keep seeing that name come up but it's hard to understand why that's such a bad thing without any context or back story. Thank you!
I don't think there is anything wrong with it, unless of course you are flat out denying any ties.

GVH-Jon

Banned
We just put in orders for Dual Xeon E5-2620s in Dallas in INTERNAP with IPv6 expected to deploy early next week.

And we don't have as many resold dedis as you think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
ColoCrossing's own fraud and issues notwithstanding - there's nothing wrong with doing business with them.  What a lot of us are taking issue with, are GVH-Jon's blatant lies about not being affiliated with CC.  All of the "look at me, pay attention to me" crap he's pulling with the ridiculous monetary claims is just the humorous icing on the cake.

If you're looking for more amusement.. take a look at just about any ChicagoVPS (the original ColoCrossing VPS brand) thread over on LE* or WHT.  You'll see Chris Fabozzi pull the exact same stunts that Jonny boy here is... only with more colourful language, and a good deal less self control.  Those threads are excellent for when you've had a long day and need someone to laugh at ^_^

hellogoodbye

ColoCrossing's own fraud and issues notwithstanding - there's nothing wrong with doing business with them.  What a lot of us are taking issue with, are GVH-Jon's blatant lies about not being affiliated with CC.  All of the "look at me, pay attention to me" crap he's pulling with the ridiculous monetary claims is just the humorous icing on the cake.

If you're looking for more amusement.. take a look at just about any ChicagoVPS (the original ColoCrossing VPS brand) thread over on LE* or WHT.  You'll see Chris Fabozzi pull the exact same stunts that Jonny boy here is... only with more colourful language, and a good deal less self control.  Those threads are excellent for when you've had a long day and need someone to laugh at ^_^
Thank you! Sounds like there's a lot of catching up for me to do-- ChicagoVPS doesn't even ring a bell, although I've seen some mentions of "Fabozzi" around here and there.

Are there disadvantages to providers acknowledging they're CC-affiliated? I don't really see why anyone has to lie about that otherwise, apart from maybe pre-existing stigma due to CC's own history (which sounds like another source of recreational reading for me :lol:).

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Are there disadvantages to providers acknowledging they're CC-affiliated? I don't really see why anyone has to lie about that otherwise, apart from maybe pre-existing stigma due to CC's own history (which sounds like another source of recreational reading for me :lol:).
Does more harm than good to have an advert with "Datacenter - NEW YORK!" or "Quadranet in LA" instead of listing that they are with ColoCrossing. VPSB did a big push to list the actual datacenter/provider such as ColoCrossing instead of trying to lie about it.

I don't directly have any issue with a legitimate provider running out of ColoCrossing if they are honest and upfront about it. I personally would never use ColoCrossing again after my first go at it in LA a few months back, but I don't judge a provider purely because they are with CC unless they give me just cause to question their legitimacy. 

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
You nailed it with the pre-existing stigma.  ColoCrossing is pretty much synonymous with deceit nowadays - one of the bigger examples being that they bought out the lowend(talk|box).com community (which used to be known for fairness) and ran it in private, secretly promoting their own brands while ignoring others trying to get posted.  After being outed on this lie (and pretty much any other), their SOP is to claim "Yeah, we did this all along, there's no problem with that."

There are a ton of examples of really shady behavior.  Another great one is that we (BuyVM) just left ColoCrossing a few months ago because of their highly unscrupulous business dealings.  Part of that was them charging us full price for a KVM spider and a power strip.. and yet when we showed up to pick up our gear, not only were we NOT allowed to dereack (or even watch) our own equipment, but they refused to turn over the KVM and power strip to us, claiming "they were just leased".

GVH-Jon

Banned
So far we're with ColoCrossing and MultaCOM, soon to have CoreXChange added to that early on next week with IPv6 support. This fact alone is enough to prove that we aren't

1) ColoCrossing owned

or 2) ColoCrossing funded

SkylarM

Verified Provider
So far we're with ColoCrossing and MultaCOM, soon to have Internap added to that early on next week with IPv6 support. This fact alone is enough to prove that we aren't

1) ColoCrossing owned

or 2) ColoCrossing funded

No it doesn't. 

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
So what part of the last X pages has anything to do with outsourced support?

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
No it doesn't. 
To play devil's advocate here... the ColoCrossing shell companies tend to use 100% ColoCrossing, do they not?

That said... and I think we can all agree here, the HVH/CC business model is probably not the way you should do things if you're wanting serious customers.  But, really, are LEB customers 'serious'?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
We just put in orders for Dual Xeon E5-2620s in Dallas in INTERNAP with IPv6 expected to deploy early next week.

Dallas, Internap, NON CC?   Doing your crazy offers there?   I might click buy.

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider

And what reseller are you using for these?  I seriously doubt you are paying $500/mo for that config.

GVH-Jon

Banned
Dallas, Internap, NON CC?   Doing your crazy offers there?   I might click buy.
ColoCrossing uses TierPoint/Colo4 Dallas. Our crazy offers are going to be there as well (actually, they're going to be even crazier) and our nodes are going to really beefed up in Internap.

GVH-Jon

Banned
Maybe that's why he wasn't replying to a paying customer for the past week.   :)

Seriously though, using Eonix network upstreams or Internap there?
John told me that the network that Eonix uses in Dallas is a quality blend made up of mostly Level 3 and minimal Cogent so I'd be expecting quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner