amuck-landowner

Hmmmm...... What are some apps you would like to see.

zomgmike

Verified Provider
I don't think you need an original idea for an app to be successful.  You just have to do it better than the apps out there.  Almost every app I use has some drawback.  Maybe it zaps the battery.  Maybe it's slow. 

For example, a few months ago I was wanting to play blackjack.  I downloaded 2 apps.  One had a great set of features (in other words, I was able to play legal moves like splitting) but limited me to the tokens provided.  I had to wait 24 hours or purchase more tokens.  The other had unlimited tokens, but lacked features like splitting and doubling down.  Blackjack is a simple concept and isn't anyone's intellectual property.  But the first two apps I downloaded were lacking.  There might be a good app out there but the first two I ran into were underwhelming.

So, in my opinion, if you're looking for an app idea, it may be worthwhile to the low hanging fruit and just do something well rather than scratch your head for something original.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I don't think you need an original idea for an app to be successful.  You just have to do it better than the apps out there.  Almost every app I use has some drawback.  Maybe it zaps the battery.  Maybe it's slow. 

So, in my opinion, if you're looking for an app idea, it may be worthwhile to the low hanging fruit and just do something well rather than scratch your head for something original.
My sentiments exactly.  There are a gazillion Android apps - it's a total garbage yard though.  Most apps should be rm -rf'd for adware hell, battery churn, spyware intent, etc.

Big need for actual utilities ala Swiss Army knife style - what can a device do that eliminates other paid tool.   What is value of that paid physical tool?  Would digital tool be worth $1-2 pay side?  Probably.

tk-hassan

I have dozens of apps in my phone but there are few that I use on daily and it seems that it would be really hard to spend any day of my life without these apps.

1. whatsapp

2. facebook

3. twitter

amuck-landowner