amuck-landowner

Introduction thread

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
So sorry to break up this interesting ( <- not sarcastic, actually is interesting) discussion, but I thought I'd pop in to say hello. I'm D. Strout from LET (if you find my first name posted somewhere, do let me know so I can remove it). I'm not on WHT because I prefer smaller communities, which is why I'm here as well. Like a hipster, I'm in to forums before they're cool.

Anyway, mostly I'm just a web developer. I originally got in to VPSes because I needed more bandwidth than the free cPanel hosts I was on would provide, and I also thought I'd do some fancy stuff with the root access. Now I'm really in to VPSes and have amassed a decent collection of them. Like probably a lot of us here, I don't actually use them all all the time, though it's nice to have several to pick from when starting a new project. I pretend to be a decent sysadmin, but really most of what I know how to do is `apt-get update` and `apt-get upgrade`.

My work can be found at DStrout.net, which links to my other sites as well. I'm not a very good designer (though SHA1.in is my own not-half-bad design), more of a developer. Of all my code, I'm probably most proud of the PHP e-mail parser used at SpamLot.net. I'm getting ready to head off to college soon in the U.S. (call it what you like overseas), where I hope to continue programming and VPSing.

That's about it.
Happy to have you hear man! I've been thinking of adding a 'projects and programming' forum, I've got some small projects I've been working on for a long time that have never gotten that far. Would be cool seeing what some of our members can whip up!

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
I've been thinking of adding a 'projects and programming' forum, I've got some small projects I've been working on for a long time that have never gotten that far. Would be cool seeing what some of our members can whip up!
"Projects I've been working on for a long time that have never gotten that far" - story of my life, man. Forum idea is good, though. I have finished a few projects here and there, and I'm in the middle of one that I've got high hopes for right now.

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Happy to have you hear man! I've been thinking of adding a 'projects and programming' forum, I've got some small projects I've been working on for a long time that have never gotten that far. Would be cool seeing what some of our members can whip up!

Welcome! Good that you prefer scotch over vodka, all clear liquor (aside from gin!) is awful, ha. Give me whiskey, give me rum. Give be vodka I'm gonna run.

Haha. I know who you are! You do smexy WHMCS integrations and are a Ninja, or a hawk. One of the two... =D
Dang!~ Wonder what blew my cover off. 

Awmusic12635

Verified Provider
Alex here,

I am the founder and owner of Fliphost.net . Have the same handle on Lowendtalk and known as Awmusic12635 on WHT. Will be attending RIT in the fall for information Technology and a minor in Systems administration and networking.

Will update my Avatar soon

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick

Nick here,

You may see me around here a bit, mainly lurking.  Unfortunately I'm no longer in the Web Hosting industry, not even the IT industry for that matter as I've been recruited in the NZ Army as a Driver.

My other "alias" is NickO which you may know from LowEndTalk.

=)

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
Meow, it's me. You can probably guess who I am and probably know who I am, so I will leave it to you guys. ;)

Also, just felt the need to bump every single thread in these forums..

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner