amuck-landowner

Is HVH owned by Colocrossing?

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
Probably CC is getting people in debt with they're 24 month RTO?

Either way, I'm not shocked another company is linked to CC - I'm sure there will be many more coming out of the wood works.

jarland

The ocean is digital
Probably CC is getting people in debt with they're 24 month RTO?

Either way, I'm not shocked another company is linked to CC - I'm sure there will be many more coming out of the wood works.
At one point in a comment on LEB, Fabozzi said that he runs something like 3 other VPS companies that no one knew about. It was when he was admitting to running BuffaloVPS all along. Searched high and low, that comment isn't there anymore. Few things I remember that clearly, and surely someone else remembers it too, but the point is that whole circle of people just loves trying to pull things over on people. Funny thing is they don't have to. There's simply no need. They could be doing just fine at what they do without being shady. Some people just can't help it I suppose.

Not that I much care anymore, but you know, just shooting the breeze.

CVPS_Chris

Verified Provider
but the point is that whole circle of people just loves trying to pull things over on people
Im not trying to pull anything over anyones eyes. If you think you are the detective you think you are, go and find out. Second, I never said VPS companies specifically, hosting yes, and has nothing to do with this industry.

As for the whole HVH thing, that invoice is kinda wierd, and not sure how they could take their way out of that one. Guess we all learn something sometimes, and are caught off guard from it :eek:

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
Im not trying to pull anything over anyones eyes. If you think you are the detective you think you are, go and find out. Second, I never said VPS companies specifically, hosting yes, and has nothing to do with this industry.

As for the whole HVH thing, that invoice is kinda wierd, and not sure how they could take their way out of that one. Guess we all learn something sometimes, and are caught off guard from it :eek:
The same as we all learnt about  colocrossings & your shady operations with them.

Enough said.

CVPS_Chris

Verified Provider
The same as we all learnt about  colocrossings & your shady operations with them.

Enough said.
If you say so. Dont drag me into the doings of ColoCrossing that is all I ask. I was lied to as much as you, just remember that.

Last edited by a moderator:

CVPS_Chris

Verified Provider
310489_499126256766508_1017727195_n.jpg

jarland

The ocean is digital

Mun

Never Forget
Sorta would be nice is @cvps_chris would respond to his PM about vpswiki.us so I doesn't look like I have the hate on for all things CC.

@jarland, i love watching that video for some reason, brings back childhood memories. Also very odd article, seems like they began pushing to 12 month plans to guarantee something.  

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Some good reads indeed. Now he (Jon) is running around trying to make unheard of deals to customers and people he's not contacted in a long time. He'd contact Chris M. back when he still owned FTN  about once a week, despite being told many many times we'd not be ordering more servers from them. Hell, I even had a list of all of our CC nodes, sent to Chris, we got a bunch of big backup nodes elsewhere, and we were going to pull out of all of our CC locations and setup new nodes elsewhere. That would of been the greatest thing. Alas, it never happened.

When I finally got access to the CC customer portal, I was surprised to see how much shitty support came from Jon and Alex directly, especially since they're 'high level' employees, why are they sitting around answering our support tickets? Short response to a ticket then they close it without it being resolved. Network issues? Nahh, no network issues here! Just hours and hours of our customers complaining.

In short, I do understand the appeal of their stupid pricing and terms. It's enticing, sure. But I'll be happy to not ever have a VPS setup in a CC location, as I know that if shit hits the fan with the node the provider may be waiting a long time for CC to get it resolved or they'll just wait hours on end to see if it fixes itself.

Sorta would be nice is @cvps_chris would respond to his PM about vpswiki.us so I doesn't look like I have the hate on for all things CC.

@jarland, i love watching that video for some reason, brings back childhood memories. Also very odd article, seems like they began pushing to 12 month plans to guarantee something.  
Try emailing him directly? [email protected] I believe.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
It was when he was admitting to running BuffaloVPS all along

The entire BuffaloVPS fiasco remains highly relative and probably a big piece of the neverending puzzle of how those Buffalo guys do business and bend the rules.   LowendAdmin was all over BuffaloVPS being a front/shill company for CVPS.

Although the company was using Buffalo in the name, they started offering out of Chicago and I believe via CVPS IP range and gear.

The history of BuffaloVPS ownership to the public went something like this:

1. Adam somebody (might this be the very same Adam/Kevin we all now know and love at CVPS).

2. Jeremiah Shinkle was babysitting the operation and seemingly operating the company the whole time.

3.  At some point, ChicagoVPS took over BuffaloVPS, "officially".

What I learned in that little dance is probably exactly what we'll learn in this Hudson Valley Host = Colocrossing fiasco.  It is, Buffalo loves "resellers".  That's right,  BuffaloVPS was a "reseller" of ChicagoVPS -- it wasn't "owned" by CVPS originally, at least they want you to believe that.

Same thing will be squirmed out of by CC.  HVH is a "reseller".

Never saw such a dumb ass mess in my life where billing was mishandled like this and cover blown.

I want to believe this is all news to CVPS_Chris, but there aren't that many drugs in the world to make me that stupid.  It's the same modus operandi, part deux.

Who wants to buy one of those $699 full racks with 1Gbps including 2 free months?   Tempting if you are broke or retarded.  Just remember the characters you are dealing with in Buffalo.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I was surprised to see how much shitty support came from Jon and Alex directly, especially since they're 'high level' employees, why are they sitting around answering our support tickets?
Someone call Shinkle and ask him about CC's treatment of customers and how he felt about that...  He was pretty unhappy about Biloh's attitude and customer treatment. 

Jon in particular has used a slew of aliases in support to deal with issues, often using those to ram tickets closed with non answers or to shield himself from customer fury.   Sure, perhaps he's changed that dishonest tactic in the past year.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Who wants to buy one of those $699 full racks with 1Gbps including 2 free months?
699$ for.. that'd be what, a 20A?  Either someone's trying very hard to recover a tarnished reputation, or someone's very strapped for cash and having trouble paying their bills and needs some quick income.  Given the typical "Lol there's nothing wrong about what we do" attitude... I doubt it's the former. 

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
That $699/m deal is insane if it's true o_O

I can't complain about Buffalo. It gives us minimal headaches and while we're not getting Level 3, I knew

there was no way we would continue getting a gig of Level 3. I've gone over this multiple times though.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I can't complain about Buffalo. It gives us minimal headaches and while we're not getting Level 3, I knew

there was no way we would continue getting a gig of Level 3.

Francisco
I take it your invoices stick to the rack rental and that's about it :)

Other providers don't have the know-how, plans in place, own their own gear, etc.  So invoices must get dizzying for them and part of the discontent / revenue generation by CC.

$699 full rack, yeah it's true unless multiple people are group circulating manufactured fiction.  Even at $1k a month, the offer isn't sustainable unless you exploit the mass oversell and customer under uses gimmick.

Routes are falling apart in Buffalo. Average dumb user, probably zero clue about all that.  Latency certainly increasing.  Yes, I still have a Buffalo VPS, with BuyVM of course :)

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
We pay $999/m as the base cost on our rack. Power is like $250/m per 20A or so?

We don't use support much and more often than not when we do It justifies them billing us network admin time.

Francisco

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
$699 full rack, yeah it's true unless multiple people are group circulating manufactured fiction.  Even at $1k a month, the offer isn't sustainable unless you exploit the mass oversell and customer under uses gimmick.

Cramming 80A of power/clients into a 20A rack...  :ph34r:

amuck-landowner