amuck-landowner

List of VPS/Dedi providers using Colo Crossing

wlanboy

Content Contributer
@Guys,

Trust me, lets build the list and the game will come clear. Real clear, Just lets make it.

Just push the name here and I ll keep adding them on top. Lets make it.
For what purpose?

Go to the offer forum search "within the forum" enter "colocrossing" copy&paste, done.

Same with LEB.

If you want to do finger pointing - do it yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
For what purpose?

Go to the offer forum search "within the forum" enter "colocrossing" copy&paste, done.

Same with LEB.

If you want to do finger pointing - do it yourself.
I agree, however some folks beat around the bush and try to list the actual DC name to mask the renter of the rack in the middle.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
@Guys,

Trust me, lets build the list and the game will come clear. Real clear, Just lets make it.

Just push the name here and I ll keep adding them on top. Lets make it.
Complete list of CC providers

------------------------------------

1. (80%): inexperienced generic cookie cutter host who was duped into buying a a "start your own business, make lots of money online with servers" get rich quick package from CC

2. (20%)  real business that uses CC as one of its data centers server providers and/or colo providers.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
But that can be done on the offer thread, or?

Really want to build a pillory?
It's not done as much over here, but I'm sure it's been done. To be honest, when I approve new offers, I just do a quick glance at them and don't fact check them as thoroughly as perhaps I should. Especially from known providers. With all this negative CC talk over the last year or so, there has been an influx of providers (in general, not so much here as elsewhere) who stop listing CC as the 'datacenter', and start listing the actual DC that CC rents their rack(s) for whatever location it is they're using, so it can be mildly misleading unless you look into it further.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I like the long running funnies from Buffalo. Oh yeah our offer is in New York.

New York what? Ahh State. Cause you know NY is about the size of Rhode Island right?

Yeah, it's only +10ms from NYC. So it Toronto, Washington, DC, most of the northeast, a good bit of Mid Atlantic, etc.

We can compile a list of people dangling off CC's network. So many changes though that a list will become outdated in no time.

Virtovo

Verified Provider
Well, this whole thread is about making a list and I've not seen any move towards (sadly including from the OP) that so here is my contribution:

SSDVPS

ZIPVPS (Holoshed Technologies)

WeLoveServers 

BlueVM

XFuse Solutions

FrapHost

sshVM

BitAccel

CloudShards

ServerMania

VPS Ace

FtpIt

Ocity Solutions

Aim2Game

Hudson Valley Host

OrbitServers

SpotVPS (Comfort Host)

GetDedi

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Add:

AzzaVPS

123Systems

Bandwagon Host

BitAccel

BlueVM

ChicagoVPS

Cloudshards

CubixCloud

ElectricByte

eNetSouthHosting

FlipperHost

Fragnet

Fraphost

GreenValueHost

HostMyThing.com (Our nodes are located in a brand new New York datacenter built in 2009 by ColoCrossing.)

Hudson Valley Host

IPXCore

LiquidHost

MCMyhost

OrbitServers

SSDVirt

sshVM

Tragicservers

UGVPS

VPSNodes

Xfuse Solutions

ZipVPS

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
HostMyThing.com (Our nodes are located in a brand new New York datacenter built in 2009 by ColoCrossing.)
From their site:

What does it mean to be 100% Cisco powered? It means that ColoCrossing has made the investments necessary to utilize quality, proven hardware. By using only the market leader for enterprise networking devices, Cisco Systems, we’ve put our customers first. Some hosts cut corners when it comes to the network, we know better.
ColoCrossing-Buffalo NY
HostMyThing.com accepts no compromises when it comes to the data center we house our servers at. First of all, physical access is heavily restricted and requires authorization beforehand as well as requires several access cards before even getting close to the servers.  Bio metric Scanners and 24/7 video surveillance is also in place at our data center.
As hilarious as the attempted propoganda there is.. it sounds more like they're advertising CC than themselves.  That domain/company may be worth a dig.. Mr Scott Murray might not even know that he runs a VPS company, given how UGVPS turned out.

SrsX

Banned
I like this statement for a few reasons. Hopefully you are smart enough to know you are full of bullshit and you are just saying things to try and bad mouth the ColoCrossing name, if you are not smart enough to realize why it is physically impossible for ColoCrossing to still be using the Cisco 3550's like you are suggesting then everything you have ever said should be disregarded by the whole community.
Sponsored by ColoCrossing.

ColoCrossing - hosting Iran sites and many illegal things. Putting you on the payroll to shut up.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Again, the insanity of the child-wanna-be-hosts is just massive hilarity.

"Our nodes are located in a brand new New York datacenter built in 2009 by ColoCrossing."

First, CC never built anything. The datacenter was pre-existing. The real estate is pre-existing.

They are renters nested at least this deep:

Real estate owner --> building lessee --> data center company --> CC

Did they do "build out"? Perhaps they have a cage or a room. But I am sure they didn't build a brand new "New York" datacenter in 2009.

2009? Buffalo location for CC didn't come online until what? 2011...?

Kids and the e-penis pump...

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
As hilarious as the attempted propoganda there is.. it sounds more like they're advertising CC than themselves.  That domain/company may be worth a dig.. Mr Scott Murray might not even know that he runs a VPS company, given how UGVPS turned out.
HMT is 3 young'uns from New Hartford,NY 18-19 years old

owner:  CEO, (4 year old pic)

"employee" 1: Operations Manager/College Student/Ski Bum

"employee" 2: Tech guy dreams of opening a computer store and is seeking a loan of 13K to start his business

TL;DR typical type of customer that seems to gravitate to CC

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
@drmike - quite many of them are the people with most oversold offers as well.
At least in Buffalo, it's a hard place to sell. I know a few hosts that straight up couldn't sell a $7/month 2GB because their prospective clients "could get better deals in Buffalo". There is more than a few that have left or will be leaving in the coming few months.

Alas, to compete in Buffalo you end up having to do a resource race. Even the self-proclaimed king doesn't offer the 4GB offers out of there that everyone else has been having to do to draw people in.

By the time we left there our own sales had slowed down heavily in Buffalo. Once we moved to choopa? ~Sold out. In fact i'm finally building some more nodes to shoot off to Choopa next week.

Francisco

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
http://professionalxen.com/ -- They just recently posted here, but their test ip is out of ColoCrossing in Buffalo, NY.
No SSL on the billing area, shortest combined TOS/AUP/Privacy Policy in the world,  and when he posted an offer on LET the other day he got pissed off and refused to answer any questions when people asked for info on the company.  He posted an offer for a Windows VPS but the Windows license that is included is a 180-day trial version.

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
So my question wasn't answered but my company was listed by a third party to some guy we know nothing about except that this dude wants a list of all the providers that use ColoCrossing. Now, while I see a few needs for this, I see a few more on the darker side of the spectrum. So, again, I ask to the OP, why are you wanting to make a list like this?

Also, to the clowns who posted company names, do you really think that's a great idea? I mean, come on... With all of you people hating on CC, who knows what some young little script kiddie may try to do? So, next time, keep my company name out of your thoughts when it comes to something like this... Also, I don't ONLY use CC, I use PhoenixNap as well, which is pretty good by the way...

amuck-landowner