amuck-landowner

Postfix and dual delivery

dnwk

I am running my own server and wish to have a hot backup server. Here is what I plan to do. I'll have two mail servers with identical setup and a SMTP gateway. When mails coming to my SMTP gateway, the Postfix(or any other MTA) will deliver the exact same email to both email servers. Does anyone know how to have Postfix do that?

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Howdy!

Just letting you know I moved this topic from the previous location (Tutorials and Guides) to this new forum (Questions and Answers)! 

peterw

I am running my own server and wish to have a hot backup server. Here is what I plan to do. I'll have two mail servers with identical setup and a SMTP gateway. When mails coming to my SMTP gateway, the Postfix(or any other MTA) will deliver the exact same email to both email servers. Does anyone know how to have Postfix do that?
How would the outside world know about both mailservers? Using two MX entries with different priorities?

NodePacket

Verified Provider
How would the outside world know about both mailservers? Using two MX entries with different priorities?
Thats the only way that sounds reasonably possible. I mean they could be set the same, but then other conflicts happen.

amuck-landowner