amuck-landowner

Teh, hehe...

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Maybe they think we use Fabozzi's marketing strategy of "make an ass of yourself to draw attention"?

That's one of the pics from the cruise we took this year.  Though you'd think if we were advertising (or had anything to do with that, really), we would at least get my name spelled correctly? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Here you go.
Whats this in reference to?

Are they barring external links to providers that CC/LE* dislike now too, even if an unaffiliated member of the community posts it? I'm lost without the context of the tread. =(

joepie91

I suspect the "blatant advertising" remark was in reference to the vpsBoard links, rather than BuyVM (seeing as it seems another vpsBoard-related post was removed). Not sure though.

sundaymouse

Are they barring external links to providers that CC/LE* dislike now too, even if an unaffiliated member of the community posts it? I'm lost without the context of the tread. =(
It is a reference to this meme: TukCLN8.jpg

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
It is a reference to this meme: TukCLN8.jpg
Ohh... Yeah, I saw the original thread before they moved it behind the login wall and edited it, I guess.

Probably Chris or Adam bored. They're the ones that usually are mad at BuyVM for something or another and downplay their ground in the industry.

I like the one I made better:

44416577.jpg

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony

tl;dr - someone brought up "forum that shant be named" (vpsb), then a string of amusing "This post soon to be deleted" messages.  The 'blatant advertising' reference was mkpossen stating that he would follow WHT's example, and not remove links to VPSB unless they were 'blatant advertising'.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
tl;dr - someone brought up "forum that shant be named" (vpsb), then a string of amusing "This post soon to be deleted" messages.  The 'blatant advertising' reference was mkpossen stating that he would follow WHT's example, and not remove links to VPSB unless they were 'blatant advertising'.
Ahhh, okay. I understand now. That's hilarious.

Hahaha.

That's hilarious.

"blatant advertising".

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/19211/small-vps-with-cpanel-whm-and-whmcs <-- second thread from the top and look at the blatant advertising!

I love how that despite the fact Lowendtalk is much larger and more active then vpsBoard they feel threatened by its presence enough to worry over links to here. I think it does more good than anything, people are naturally curious. "The board that can't be named. Sounds exclusive. I want in." Haha. Granted, they've got years on vpsB but we're on the up and up no doubt.

EDIT: Furthermore, there are plenty of links on LET to other vps websites, that aren't selling VPSes. That rule was simply put in place for vpsBoard. No one winked when there was an entire thread created about the 96mbForum, where the owner(s) were asking for suggestions. No one gets mad if someone links to their blog. But link to vpsBoard? Shame on you. How dare you. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
It's always like that when members who played a large role with many and helpful threads/posts "run away" to another place.

I currently have a similar situation with my work life, many of the colleagues I have at the company i work for today is the same people I worked with at my old job.

It is almost as the ones who are still at my old job treats us as traitors or something. I've worked with a handful after I changed workplace and you really have to watch your tounge or something "bad" will happen.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I'll be honest, i've been cackling over the 'You cant say nay' "meme" all day. :p

As I said on IRC, of our total operating costs, wages accounts for 40%.

You forgot Andrew released a nopony coupon too.

Francisco

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Haha, if you haven't seen George Carlin's material, I highly suggest watching.  His death was probably one of the single greatest losses to the world in recent history.

amuck-landowner