amuck-landowner

WHMCS 6.01 is released

AshleyUK

Verified Provider
So, to those of you who have upgraded: What are your thoughts? Happy with it so far?

I run a WHMCS install for managing the billing of advertisers but haven't upgraded yet since some comments here weren't super positive. Though upgrading is on my to-do list, just after I do everything else that is on my list as well...

Upgraded when 6.0.1 come out, haven't had any major issues, had one add-on which was not fully compatible (Stripe Payment's) with the new client theme, however this is currently being worked on by the dev's of the add-on.

Apart from that yet to find any bug's that have caused me any issues...yet.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Thanks for the update. I may upgrade later today if I can find a free moment. Got a ton to do today!

Scudlayer

Verified Provider
So, to those of you who have upgraded: What are your thoughts? Happy with it so far?

I run a WHMCS install for managing the billing of advertisers but haven't upgraded yet since some comments here weren't super positive. Though upgrading is on my to-do list, just after I do everything else that is on my list as well...

I upgraded. Yes I'm happy to have upgraded, especially it's more easy to develop modules...

OnSebastian

Verified Provider
PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.7 (cli) (built: Mar 16 2015 20:47:39)
Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.5.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.7.3, Copyright (c) 2002-2014, by ionCube Ltd., and
    with Zend OPcache v7.0.3, Copyright (c) 1999-2014, by Zend TechnologiesSeems to work fine with WHMCS 5.3 so no issues with the 5.4 EOL here.

PHP 5.6.13-0+deb8u1 (cli) (built: Sep  7 2015 13:38:37)
Copyright (c) 1997-2015 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2015 Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.0.6-dev, Copyright (c) 1999-2015, by Zend Technologies

No problems with WHMCS v5.3 on PHP 5.6 either.

As WHMCS v5.3 EOL is 31st October 2015 most likely everyone will be "forced" to upgrade, as running your "core" system on an End of Life system doesn't seem to be a pretty good idea (even problematic from a legal point of view probably).

Right now, we are still evaluating if upgrading to WHMCS v6 or switching to Blesta is the better option - any toughts on this?

amuck-landowner