• Announcements

• MannDude

Current state of vpsBoard   02/04/2017

Dear vpsBoard members and guests:

Over the last year or two vpsBoard activity and traffic has dwindled. I have had a change of career and interests, and as such am no longer an active member of the web hosting industry.

Due to time constraints and new interests I no longer wish to continue to maintain vpsBoard. The web site will remain only as an archive to preserve and showcase some of the great material, guides, and industry news that has been generated by members, some of which I remain in contact to this very day and now regard as personal friends.

I want to thank all of our members who helped make vpsBoard the fastest growing industry forum. In it's prime it was an active and ripe source of activity, news, guides and just general off-topic banter and fun.

I wish all members and guests the very best, whether it be with your business or your personal projects.

-MannDude
MannDude

ColoCrossing threatens to sue vpsBoard

58 posts in this topic

We all know vpsBoard is a blog guys.

It's a blog where I upload my breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 

Like the other day, I had a sandwich.  The sandwich was a ham sandwich.  

Was pretty good, but the meat was a bit dry. 

5 people like this

There is so much irony... so much...

To complain about a legitimate review and bad customer experience that many of us lived through and saw situation mature... That's problematic to just make it go away, cause it was all true.  Don't want negative reviews and accounts of fails, then stop being abusive to customers, stop hoarding cash when you fail, start acting competent and being responsive to customers.

The irony is this: crap company ColoCrossing engages in simultaneously writing and having wrote (paid shill deal) fake reviews.  

I'll split this off to a new thread later on.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, HalfEatenPie said:

We all know vpsBoard is a blog guys.

It's a blog where I upload my breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 

Like the other day, I had a sandwich.  The sandwich was a ham sandwich.  

Was pretty good, but the meat was a bit dry. 

Thank you for protecting your neighbors from el jihadis.  Pork keeps the hood healthy.  Helps keep you in the right data center too.

1 person likes this

As promised, my followup about reviews and what CC should be mad about: THEMSELVES and THEIR CONDUCT:

2 people like this

Late to the party 

But looking at IN Law the the Statutes of limitations has ran out so tell them to pound sand. 

You have proof in the post CVPS_Chris  A CC employee commented on the post  January 27, 2014

I'm sure they can find a sleazy lawyer to take their money and hassle you so if they do I will donate to the Man dude legal fund 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, lowesthost said:

I will donate to the Man dude legal fund

not like they have a case (or rather not further than 1-2 court instances), but same :)

On June 17, 2016 at 10:06 AM, MannDude said:

I have not yet heard back from Greg. I emailed him back 2 days ago. EDIT: And yes, the subject of the email was literally, "Request to remove Libelous Blog String-VPS Board"

These may be silly questions, but:

Are you sure that this letter came from ColoCrossing?

Have you confirmed that Greg has the legal authority to speak on their behalf in regards to this matter? 

A company I once worked for signed a contract with a very large, well-known conglomerate. The signatory for the conglomerate was a Senior Vice President (I forget his exact title). Later when things were not working out for the conglomerate and they wanted to back out of the contract, they claimed that the Senior VP did not have the legal authority to sign the contract. It was bizarre, to say the least.

8 hours ago, vpsadm said:

Have you confirmed that Greg has the legal authority to speak on their behalf in regards to this matter? 

Yes to both questions.  The "Director of Business Development and Contracts" appears to have sent the email with the full knowledge of the company President Biloh.  MannDude posted a copy of the email on LET (in the Cestpit, not accesible to non LET members so I'm reposting it here) and the headers did show it was sent from them.  He also posted on WHT that " Jon Biloh himself hit me up on Skype to inform me that I was contacted by Gregory Clark of Colocrossing."

H8JdqYh.png

^^I'll admit that I chuckled when I looked at that because they are forced to use Google Apps as their mail server because the IP reputations in their spammy network are so bad..."dig colocrossing.com mx"  :)

edited to add: I just noticed the idiotic confidential legal disclaimer in that email which is further proof that we're dealing with tards.  Disclaimers like that are legally meaningless and no court would enforce them because you can't unilaterally impose a contractual agreement on another party.

7 people like this

22 hours ago, vpsadm said:

A company I once worked for signed a contract with a very large, well-known conglomerate. The signatory for the conglomerate was a Senior Vice President (I forget his exact title). Later when things were not working out for the conglomerate and they wanted to back out of the contract, they claimed that the Senior VP did not have the legal authority to sign the contract. It was bizarre, to say the least.

It definitely came from them. Jon Biloh himself initiated a conversation with me on Skype to request I respond promptly to the email. See the screenshot that I posted on LowEndTalk when it came up in the CestPit that @DomainBop shared in this thread as well as the screenshot below:

FvVjBN.png

I asked Jon on LET to respond to the claim and verify that what I am saying is true or untrue, he has decided not to respond. I don't think it's necessary, the information I've provided is proof enough. I have no interest in antagonizing him or Greg Clark of Colocrossing / HudsonValleyHost for a formal response to this, as their silence speaks louder than anything they could say about the matter.

2 people like this

Tell him you'll barter.

You'll remove the review when I get to OC spray Biloh and put the video out here.

I'll bring the spray.  I have some special stuff he'll enjoy.

:)

1 person likes this

To be honest, what they say about this situation we can then say the same for LowEndTalk.  

LET has some users who dislike vpsBoard (and that's perfectly fine).  But in a similar way they're accusing vpsBoard of being liable for libel you can also suggest LowEndTalk is for vpsBoard.  I've seen posts before by members of LET who says crap about it but you don't see us going to Biloh and saying "Take that down right now!"  

Let it all settle.  This is old news/business.  It's not my concern anymore and really shouldn't be anyone else's concern.  It's all water under the bridge and while yeah we don't have high regards for each other, I'm perfectly content with just leaving it alone.

Unless Biloh is so scared of "some small blog".  I thought these ColoCrossing guys acted all tough and big-time?  I thought they didn't even care?  Now they care?  Pfft.  Ok. 

1 hour ago, HalfEatenPie said:

Let it all settle.  This is old news/business.  It's not my concern anymore and really shouldn't be anyone else's concern.  It's all water under the bridge and while yeah we don't have high regards for each other, I'm perfectly content with just leaving it alone.

Unless Biloh is so scared of "some small blog".  I thought these ColoCrossing guys acted all tough and big-time?  I thought they didn't even care?  Now they care?  Pfft.  Ok. 

It's simple, like I've said, that legitimate customer experience / review is showing up in their sales department.  Preventing leads from converting into sales.  Can't go from $6 mil last year to $12 mil this year so easily having to sell honest and clean.

Biloh is also OCD.

it isn't libel if it's true

4 people like this

While I hope and personally think this will amount to nothing, Its never fun to be threatened with legal action.

Just remember there is no substitute for actual legal advice, see a solicitor or a legal advice clinic. With a solicitor, it shouldn't be that expensive (all things considered) to shoot it down. The costs of being wrong are quite high when it comes to the law.

2 people like this

On June 16, 2016 at 8:31 AM, KnownHost-Jonathan said:

Maybe I'll sue them for the spam that comes out of their network at me all the time causing great mental distress?

LOL

If every user that has had this issue did this they would go crazy with all the legal responses they would have to do. 

I wonder how you (curtis) will be legally held liable for a "libelous" review made by another person. You run an open forum hence you do not control the content posted around here. Yes, there might not have been an authenticity check on the review before allowing it to be posted, but that is never a requirement in running a forum.

Can someone please enlighten me with regards to the legal basis for charging someone with libel? In this case, is curtis to be held any liable?

On 2016-06-16 at 2:17 PM, tmzVPS-Daniel said:

I think they simply want attention, since Dr Mike stopped working on them a few months ago :). This was enough to get him started again haha.

@drmike is just jealous that they didn't excerpt a passage from his rigorous book-length critique of ColoCrossing.

On the contrary, it was the devastating and inimitable ~5 sentence review from leading vpsBoard forums poster @love4cars4234 that proved to be the greatest cause for concern.

1 person likes this

• Similar Content

• By drmike
      Let's talk about the problem with ColoCrossing engaging in fake reviews to increase the reputation of their company in search.
      URL:  https://www.google.com/search?q=colocrossing

25 Google Reviews.  4.0 out of possible 5.0 score. 

What do we find?
      A pile of shills.  A bunch of reviews that are not reviews but Biloh telling his partners, friends and employees/contractors to review favorably.

#1 = Iranian owner and long term Iran peering on CC's network.  Sindad 
      See: https://www.facebook.com/Sindad.Co/
      Morteza Soltani in the last week I have been using Colocrossing for a 5 years and can tell you that their service is the highest quality. The costumer service is very quick to answer any questions or problems you might have.  I will recommend them to anyone who is looking for a reliable colocation service. #2 = Sepehr Safadar another most likely Iranian
      Sepehr Safadar a week ago Have been working with ColoCrossing for four years and it has proven to be a reliable company with high quality and stable services and knowledgeable and skilled team which is quite rare in today's market. #3 = CJ Sculti, 18 year old hacker and IP range hijacker.  Known lately for hijacking China range containing IP 1.3.3.7, see http:/1.3.3.7 to see what this guy is about.
      Long time mass IP blocked by Spamhaus, for spam and abuse: https://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings/datawagon.net

Here's that 1.3.3.7 hijack IP with website on it:

CJ Sculti a week ago I've had a few racks colocated with these guys for almost a year now. They've been great! ...More
      #4 = milan pitroda, good guy, but he provides all the customer support (via outsourcing in India) for the many CC brands, including CVPS, 123Systems, BlueVM, etc.  So he's technically on CC payroll as a contractor.

milan pitroda a week ago CC have improved a lots in their infrastructure which helped to increase the speed of the server and stop spamming #5 = Good old Thomas Dale, he once worked for ColoCrossing and ChicagoVPS.  Until the UGVPS outing happened.  See: 

Thomas Dale a week ago ColoCrossing has provided numerous services to myself for personal or commercial. They have helped me with everything from single servers to full racks with fiber uplinks :). Jon B. is a 100% pleasure to work with from initial sales to ...More
      #6 Ali Hajyani, Iranian.  Visperad Networks.  See: https://www.facebook.com/A.hajyani
      Ali Hajyani a month ago #7 Luc Ayotte.  Former ChicagoVPS employee. 
      Luc Ayotte a month ago
      #8 Mike Walker.  Active ColoCrossing employee.  See: http://mattburdine.org/WhyChicagoVPSLostMyBusiness.txt
      Mike Walker a month ago This is by far the best data center facility in the Buffalo market. They are the only provider in the market that has onsite tech 24x7x365. I can call in at 3 AM and their support staff is there ready to help. They respond extremely fast to ...More #9 Danny Dahl, could this be the Danny Dahl referenced by Spamhaus, see: https://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/evidence/ROK11457/online-media-connect/main-information
      Danny Dahl a month ago Both Jon & Alex have helped me grow my business through the years tremendously. Def. recommend them to any company looking for a great reliable company that can help scale with their business. ...More
      #10 Chris Niedojadlo, we have a shrine to this guy.  Who is the 'us' he's referring to?  Would that be his companies ala Net3 or would it be Servermania?
      This guy isn't just a random customer.  Biloh hangs out with this guy in far away real life.
      See: 

Chris Niedojadlo 2 months ago ColoCrossing has been providing us with Colocation services for just over 4 years with fantastic service and uptime. We would highly recommend them to everyone needing data center services.
      #11 Jonathan Nguyen - Jonny "I LOVE SPAM" Nguyen (that is winning to you).  No need.  Everyone knows him and Biloh love spam and collaborated to provide IPs for spam use.  Search any hosting community for him or Greenvaluehost and the strings will consume the next week of your life laughing and having you spewing your beverages out of your nose in laughter.
      Jonathan Nguyen 2 months ago Have been a customer for four years. ColoCrossing is very accommodating for their customers and offer a truly premium service that can be relied upon. Management frequently makes themselves available for customers and cares about the ...More
      What did we learn?
      Of 25 reviews, 11 of them have no business ever of having been left.   11 / 25  = 44% of the reviews for ColoCrossing on Google are fraudulent. 2 are from companies in Iran on controlled do not do business with list, still, even if one pretends to be an LLC in Nevada, while leaking Iran data info in peering.  Not like other reputable companies are going to go violate US law over embargo. Many of the reviewers are involved in spam. One is from a hacker / IP hijacker ... and most importantly 4 of them are current or former ColoCrossing employee  
    • By drmike
      Today there is a mega ton of ransomware infecting going on.  Malware payloads are being pushed all over the place via ad networks and it's YUGE. 
      Ransomeware is simple, it encrypts your files and holds them hostage.  To get your data back, you pay the robbers via Bitcoin to reverse the mess.
      Article excerpt:
      The tainted ads may have exposed tens of thousands of people over the past 24 hours alone, according to a blog post published Monday by Trend Micro. The new campaign started last week when "Angler," a toolkit that sells exploits for Adobe Flash, Microsoft Silverlight, and other widely used Internet software, started pushing laced banner ads through a compromised ad network. According to a separate blog post from Trustwave's SpiderLabs group, one JSON-based file being served in the ads has more than 12,000 lines of heavily obfuscated code. When researchers deciphered the code, they discovered it enumerated a long list of security products and tools it avoided in an attempt to remain undetected. "If the code doesn't find any of these programs, it continues with the flow and appends an iframe to the body of the html that leads to Angler EK [exploit kit] landing page," SpiderLabs researchers Daniel Chechik, Simon Kenin, and Rami Kogan wrote. "Upon successful exploitation, Angler infects the poor victim with both the Bedep trojan and the TeslaCrypt ransomware–double the trouble." The ads are spreading on sites including answers.com, zerohedge.com, and infolinks.com. Legitimate mainstream sites receive the malware from domain names that are associated with compromised ad networks. The most widely seen domain name in the current campaign is brentsmedia[.]com. Whois records show it was owned by an online marketer until January 1, when the address expired. It was snapped up by its current owner on March 6, a day before the malicious ad onslaught started. source: http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/03/big-name-sites-hit-by-rash-of-malicious-ads-spreading-crypto-ransomware/
      I saw this slop coming when Spamhaus turned up efforts on TeslaCrypt.  Ongoing issue in past week.. and look the boys in Buffalo are hosting at least two TeslaCrypt payment extortion IPs. see: https://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings/velocity-servers.net
      Quadranet is hosting at least 5 different extortion IPs: source: https://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings/quadranet.com
      It is recommended, for now and probably for good that you disable Flash plugin, disable SilverLight and put all other plugins on click to play or similar.
      And... folks wonder why I've long advocated Javascript off.... do dah!
    • By drmike
      Buffalo, New Jerk, leading web hosting company VSNX known by eight other family of company names including ColoCrossing announces global domination!  We own your hosting!
      Among the acquisitions in this round:

http://realoffshore.net/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=1  "...  Realoffshore.net is part of the VSNX family of companies..."
      hostaar.com/terms/ "... Hostaar is part of the VSNX family of companies and that their statement will show “ColoCrossing” for the credit card charge..."
      https://www.bilalhost.com/privacy-policy/  "...  BilalHost Pakistan is part of the VSNX family of companies ..."
      cavpshost.com/tos.html "... CaVPS Host Valley Host reserves the right to change its policies at any time without prior notification. CaVPS Host is part of the VSNX family of companies..."
      see below for their live support being unsure of who they are... and then going silent...
      www.hostfair.net/terms.php "... HostFair is part of the VSNX family of companies and that their statement will show "ColoCrossing" for the credit card charge ..."
      http://kryptonichosting.net/billing/policies.php  "...  Kryptonic Hosting is part of the VSNX family of companies. ..."
      http://alldigitalword.com/about/ "... LowEndBox is part of the VSNX family..."
      http://hostmeek.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=1 "... hostmeek is part of the VSNX family of companies. Our Mailing Address: hostmeek 8195 Sheridan Drive Buffalo, NY 14221..."
    • By DomainBop
      Spamhaus blacklisted over 131K ColoCrossing IPs this weekend for repeat offenses and Ernie Quick of Hudson Valley Host and Jon Biloh of ColoCrossing are trying to use the blacklisting as an opportunity to squeeze more money from customers for a $10 mail service add-on.  TL;DR Ernie just earned himself the title of unethical piece of lowlife shit for this attempt to squeeze more money from customers for something (ColoCrossing's long history of being a spam friendly host who rnts servers to criminals and spammers) that was not their fault.
      Customers opens a ticket about their IPs being blacklisted and this is the response they get:

Note to f*cktards Ernie Quick and Jon Biloh: FTC regulations require that your advertisements accurately describe the product that you're selling which means you need to mention in your ads that the product you're selling comes with blacklisted IP addresses...  You clowns should be offering the MailChannels relay service to customers for free as compensation for your inability to keep your IP space clean.
      TL;DR for buyers: don't pay these f*ckwads $10 for something that is entirely their fault, demand a refund because the product you received wasn't as described in the advertisements.