amuck-landowner

123Systems sold again?

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Spamhaus is offering a special coupon code to celebrate the acquisition of 123systems by ColoCrossing!

Use coupon code ESCALATION-16 when ordering to receive a "Yair <3 Buffalo" t-shirt!

fine print:Coupon is valid from 2014-11-18 23:21:38 GMT to ??? and is limited to the first 65,536 customers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Spamhaus is offering a special coupon code to celebrate the acquisition of 123systems by ColoCrossing!

Use coupon code ESCALATION-16 when ordering to receive a "Yair <3 Buffalo" t-shirt!

fine print:Coupon is valid from 2014-11-18 23:21:38 GMT to ??? and is limited to the first 65,536 customers.
thats-the-evilest-thing-i-can-imagine-meme-template.jpg

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I think we are watching a real game of corporate shuffleboard.

I cannot believe the BULLSHIT in Biloh's announcement of this as-if it is legitimate transaction.

How the f' do you transfer an asset from CVPS which you own majority equity position in to Colocrossing/VSNX which you have majority equity position in (if not control entirely)?  It's moving things from your left pocket to your right pocket.

I've seen children playing with more honesty and integrity in their deals and  they are just playing pretend.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
In the past my VPS was slow. Will it get faster? Your service was likely slow due to “slabbing,” or the technique by which a single physical machine hosted numerous virtualized environments. We have eliminated the use of slabbing and as a result you should already be noticing improving speeds.

Will prices increase for new customers? There may be modest adjustments to our website packages as our goal is to provide a high quality service, not the least expensive one.
They blame slabbing for the crap performance and mass downtime?   That's funny cause Fabozzi contracted that slabbing work out and had it done.   Biloh calls the shots in CVPS land, writes the damn ads, responds to folks, etc. invisibly.  As if slabbing was done by some random person prior to their ownership.  Unsure if they ever paid the contractor or made amends, was a prior dramarama episode.Fact is slabbing didn't happen until 4th quarter of 2013 when 123Systems went purely to CC for hosting. 

Price increases - so CC / CVPS blew pricing down the damn drain thinking the more for less was sustainable to the floor - to kill off other competitors.  We've seen CVPS uptick prices, BlueVM has upticked prices...  It's their calling card in CC land now cause they aren't getting traction with more lower prices, and such prices mean they can't afford to have the customers / provide support.

So maybe OnApp should get to jumping on 123Systems / Colocrossing:

https://srv01.123systems.net:5656/login.php

SolusVM © 2008-2013 Soluslabs Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

I wonder when they paid, if they paid for licensing?  Why the circa 2013 version.

I think I've brought up the hacked unlicensed copies to OnApp and been crickets on their end.  Is SolusVM now free for the taking?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
They blame slabbing for the crap performance and mass downtime?   That's funny cause Fabozzi contracted that slabbing work out and had it done.   Biloh calls the shots in CVPS land, writes the damn ads, responds to folks, etc. invisibly.  As if slabbing was done by some random person prior to their ownership.  Unsure if they ever paid the contractor or made amends, was a prior dramarama episode.Fact is slabbing didn't happen until 4th quarter of 2013 when 123Systems went purely to CC for hosting. 

Price increases - so CC / CVPS blew pricing down the damn drain thinking the more for less was sustainable to the floor - to kill off other competitors.  We've seen CVPS uptick prices, BlueVM has upticked prices...  It's their calling card in CC land now cause they aren't getting traction with more lower prices, and such prices mean they can't afford to have the customers / provide support.

So maybe OnApp should get to jumping on 123Systems / Colocrossing:

https://srv01.123systems.net:5656/login.php

SolusVM © 2008-2013 Soluslabs Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

I wonder when they paid, if they paid for licensing?  Why the circa 2013 version.

I think I've brought up the hacked unlicensed copies to OnApp and been crickets on their end.  Is SolusVM now free for the taking?
It's not just 123Systems that is bypassing SolusVM licensing.... our buddy @CVPS_Chris is too! http://vpscp.chicagovps.net:5353/login.php But I thought they weren't using SolusVM anymore? If they were, why'd they choose an old, outdated version that hasn't been updated since 2012? Oh yeah, because those had working cracks to bypass licensing, of course. Maybe SolusVM was never to blame for their past misfortune of being hacked and having their SolusVM dumped not once, but twice, but three times? Who's counting, anyway? Maybe it was because they were using cracked/nulled software to operate a crucial part of their business? Oh, I don't know.

Maybe now that OnApp owns SolusVM, @NullMind and @Ditlev would like to comment on this? May be worth their time to investigate, seeing as CVPS and 123System between them likely have a fair amount of nodes that are using their software, potentially for free...

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Bahahaha... 

CVPS running a 2012 version of SolusVM.... Holy asking to be hacked.

Time OnApp takes these clowns to task.  Licensing evasion with them (123Sys + CVPS + CC + ???) is kind of high profile and long has sent WRONG message that Solus licensing is a joke and why pay...

zafouhar

As far as i am aware the definition of the word "sale" is when a party purchases a produce or service from another party, in this case i believe the more appropriate word that Chris or Jon should use for 123Systems would be "transfer".

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
To be fair, everything was slabbed the entire time I ran it since 2010. 
Now it makes sense...   Reason slabbed me...

@AndrewM you ran other slabbing technology.

The CC boys, they run that Xen.

So they were converting from one slab style to other.  

All those pigeons line up on the wire now and sh!t in a straight line.

AndrewM

Now it makes sense...   Reason slabbed me...

@AndrewM you ran other slabbing technology.

The CC boys, they run that Xen.

So they were converting from one slab style to other.  

All those pigeons line up on the wire now and sh!t in a straight line.
Well, the way I did it worked for a while and then it didn't. I used sub-par controllers that could barely push 100MB/s to the disk unloaded, factor in slabbing and a few hundred clients and it's a recipe for publicity. In any case, I won't go into much detail but there was better ways to do things, I knew what and I knew I could, I just chose the opt-out instead because it was easier. 

I believe in mid-2012 is when I started deploying on new controllers and beefed up the line, and got some better performance but it did little for the anger of the folks that didn't get an upgrade, so it was a moot improvement. 

Love it or hate it, slabbing is now and has always been a huge part of the LowEnd industry, it simply hasn't been openly admitted before until everyone was caught with their pants down. I'm pro-slab and I see nothing wrong with it, unless you do it the way I chose to do it, which is the wrong way. Do it, but do it right, show some performance love to your client's and they'll reciprocate with cash flow. It's a win-win. 

I've derailed from the topic enough though, I'll pass the torch now. 

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Love it or hate it, slabbing is now and has always been a huge part of the LowEnd industry, it simply hasn't been openly admitted before until everyone was caught with their pants down
Speaking as a VPS buyer, I fall on the "hate it" side of the street due to the all too common side effects: poor performance, increased downtime, etc., when the slabbing is improperly done which in the low end market is the majority of the time.  It's one of the (many) reasons I tend to avoid the low end side of the VPS market these days.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I fall on DomainBop's side and view.

There is a place for slabbing.  It isn't where folks want to eek out a bit more to oversell at greater ratio on an already under equipped box.

Definitely a lot buyers aren't aware of nor would be thrilled with / would explain bad experience.

I appreciate your honesty @AndrewM

amuck-landowner