amuck-landowner

24khost We back folks

JDiggity

Email we sent out earlier today!

Hey guys sorry no communication as of late.  As some of you know, we got into some big debt which required me working my full time job and a part-time job.  Which left me stretched pretty thin.  I will
be getting everything back in order here. 

Changes  are coming. 

1.)    FiberHub to SwitchNap, yep we are cutting over servers.  Cutting over ip’s.  I hope to later today to have all the new ip’s out to everybody to make their changes.

2.)    New ipv4 for everybody!  South Bend - October 4, 2013, Piscataway - NJ October 1, 2013

3.)    Ipv6 coming soon!

A note that we did change some things in our container setup.  We now use plop which should give our
containers more stability and better security.

More updates to come.  Things will be back to normal soon!
Just so people know.  We didn't leave we still are here and we just had to reorganize.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
As some of you know, we got into some big debt
What happened? :(

Sell to a spammer by accident and get screwed by cleanup fees? Heavy fraud?

If you can't say so be it, just it seems it was a publicly said thing

Francisco

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Glad to hear 24khost is back in the saddle.  I was a bit worried about communication lately and some of the outage stuff.

Another host leaving Fiberhub... Hmmm.  

Not being a dick, just wanted to say that you should proof read such e-mails before sending it to customers.

Anyways, glad things are getting back to 'normal' (albeit at a slow pace), hope it all works out for you guys!

JDiggity

I explained before, but here we go again.  I bought multiple servers for the expansion.  Expansion didn't happen.  I made the stupid move of buying on credit and got into some decent size debt.  I had been running on a shoe string budget as it was.  Well got caught with my pants down.  Now I am rebuilding.  2 to 3 jobs at a time.  It has been fun to say the least.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I like 24khost's services and endorse them.

Glad to see the company continuing and headed in proper direction.

kro

Verified Provider
Welcome back, glad to see you getting back into it, rebuilding rather than never returning.
What a shitter on the expansion man, an expensive way to be learning :(

xmob

Anybody else having problems with 24khost?  I reinstalled the OS and now can't reach the server.  Experimentation has shown that some templates work (CentOS, Fedora) but the Debian ones definitely don't.

Been 3 days now and I've not heard anything back from the raised ticket.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I got dumped by them sort of.... They changed IPs and email didn't get to me... Nowhere to be found.

Took 2-3 days to get that straight.

Now when I was able to get back online, all was well.   Went to log into their panel and it points away from them to partner company.  Doesn't recognize account email (i.e. not a customer).

Made mistake of issuing a reboot on VPS container.  It took 5-6 minutes to reboot.

Bit dumbfounded truthfully.  JJ ran a good ship before.   

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner