amuck-landowner

25.1gb/s attack incoming flood - advice?

netnub

So, my gaming server + website server were nullrouted due to a incoming MASSIVE flood reported to reach 25.1gb/s at its peak. It went down to about 17gb/s constant flood for 15 minutes and provider was unable to block it and nullrouted the server.

I'm looking for very large ddos protection, I have a deep pocket with a max budget of $5000/month. I was checking out ddos protection that can block 64Gb/s (its been tested and it truly does hold up 64gb/s). Thoughts? (protection would cost me close to $200/month with them, plus its in romania).

netnub

what gaming server and website?

Mun
3 minecraft servers (2 mine, 1 is a friends), as for the website its under construction. The website isn't the target, its the servers we run that is (Call of duty-like server in minecraft and warz/dayz server).

Jack

Switzerland isn't that good @lshaq it's just Solar Commutations which has a big reseller and costs big

Last edited by a moderator:

rds100

Verified Provider
If you can really get 64Gbps protection for 200EUR/month - get it. That's CHEAP.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
That's a ton of bad traffic and a ton of cost.

I don't think your pockets are deep enough to afford 64Gb/s if protection.  Hell the cost of that bandwidth alone is a small fortune per month.

How about dividing this up to reduce target attractiveness and have more manageable numbers to work with?

Jack

Not sure, pretty sure they aren't.
They were at one point as I remember trying to access a site on vox's network, I thought it was my ISP at fault as the trace went to Cogent and stopped so I thought that my ISP was having issues with Cogent turns out that Cogent just dropped the /20 that the site I tried to visit was in due to an abusive client on a single /32 in the /20, clearly vox allow that type of client to stay and don't act upon reports from even the upstream providers.

netnub

I might just go with vox for the ddos protection and run a proxy through it, any ideas on getting reverse proxy for non-web services?

netnub

Vox 500gb/s protection runs $232 per month.

Vox normal protection is free if the pipe is flooded by over 1gb/s (port speed)

amuck-landowner