amuck-landowner

25.1gb/s attack incoming flood - advice?

Jack

netnub also you were on about EU Filtering?????

Marc is USA West coast, Awknet is USA West coast?

netnub

@netnub where did you come across those bad reviews?
Google awknet review...

"Horrible no support"

"Takes forever" etc

I got covered for my game servers I just need a provider who can give me a dedicated hardware firewall and machine that I can manage acls. Etc

Last edited by a moderator:

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Google awknet review...
Or ask any of the clients using our filtering that required ACLs from before we ditched Awknet and started using CNS.  Justin's punishing lack of urgency caused a great deal of headache for Anthony and I.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
I'd say trying Voxility out for there 64Gb's DDOS protection.

I've recently been sent there latest offers for there upto 500Gb/s capacity, its not cheap to some but if they can take that much of a hit then I'd route some traffic through them.

Anybody ever thought those booters may be using them? In effect they'll be DDOS'in themselves :p

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Anybody ever thought those booters may be using them? In effect they'll be DDOS'in themselves
I doubt the booters/master themselves are being hosted there... but it would not surprise me at all if many of the filtering providers knowingly/willingly provided service to the kids running the booters.  After all, it would give them a bit of immunity from that particular skid... 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I am perplexed also as to why the only DDoS protection services seem to be US West Coast :) 

Certainly CNServers, Awknet, etc. must realize there is demand for such elsewhere in the US?

Kansas City and Dallas are two rather large markets where someone could do quite well offering such services.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Google awknet review...

"Horrible no support"

"Takes forever" etc

I got covered for my game servers I just need a provider who can give me a dedicated hardware firewall and machine that I can manage acls. Etc
Awknet is...frustrating. When things work? They work pretty well. When they break? You're going to fall on deaf ears.

Justin used to complain that we didn't pay him enough for the filtering he provided us so we offered to gladly pay more, but we wanted tickets handled within 24 hours and some progress made on him improving his syn filtering. He came back to us saying if we wanted better support we better tack on at least 1 more zero to the price we were paying. He never actually gave a real answer to the question, I think he just wanted to see what we'd be willing to pay and he'd just custom price it up.

CNS has been good to us minus it taking almost 2 months to get BGP sessions working properly. We had the option of doing like @kujoe and just have CN announce our space but this put us in a position to not be able to apply our own ACL's easily. Support has been really fast for ACL's and adjustments.

We pay about the same at CN but have already offered to bump up our plan if we need it.

Francisco

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
Awknet is...frustrating. When things work? They work pretty well. When they break? You're going to fall on deaf ears.
@Francisco the only reason why I've said to @netnub to try Awknet was because you've mentioned them before, and I quickly checked their web site and it seems that DDoS is what they specialize in. Personally, I have no experience with them. However I value your expertise and respect your opinions and advice.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
@Francisco the only reason why I've said to @netnub to try Awknet was because you've mentioned them before, and I quickly checked their web site and it seems that DDoS is what they specialize in. Personally, I have no experience with them. However I value your expertise and respect your opinions and advice.
We used awknet for 9 - 10 months. Every month was like pulling teeth. For the longest time we had to do our own TCP filtering which was....ok. It worked most of the time but we didn't have the port size to tank super sized TCP floods.

Justin works hard and for UDP? you aren't going to get a better deal. I looked at his graphs earlier and he had someone eating a 20 gig flood for quite a few hours just in the past day or so.

Francisco

KuJoe

Verified Provider
It wouldn't surprise me at all, lets be fair they must be making a few quid for there misery! :(
I know a lot of DDOS protection services do not allow people who have access to botnets on their network. We recently switched all of our DDOS Protection services to manual activation and we've cancelled a ton of accounts just for posting if "booter/stresser" threads on HF (thank god Omni placed a site-wide ban on these services now).

turfhosting

Go with vox, they are awesome. $200 is really not alot for DDOS protection. Some companies charge thousands!

Anyways, goodluck.

amuck-landowner