amuck-landowner

72GB L5520 Dedicated Server @ $110/mo - 48GB @ $100/mo - FULLY MANAGED & MONITORED!

willie

The 72gb offer is the best price I've ever seen for a dedi with that much cpu and ram (no idea about the connectivity, and more disk would be nice).  So I do get the impression it's an unusual offer.

I may have a use for a server like this in the foreseeable future, though I don't necessarily expect them to be available by then. 

Last edited by a moderator:

NodeBytes

Dedi Addict
That's a really good price on the 24gb one. I wish they had an 8gb one. I'd be interested more in that as I don't use much ram.

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
In this economy 48 hours setup times would be pushing it, let alone 7 to 10 days. We haven't started offering dedicated servers yet, however we can have ours up and running within 6 to 8 hours. I don't mean this in a bad way @dominicl, however if you want to sell lots of these you have to get your setup times down to 72 hours at the most. There are a few DCs left that will stretch it to 72 hours, but that's the most anyone should stretch setup time to. The only other option is to start the customer's billing date for renewal with the date that the customer takes control of the server. Otherwise very few people will go for this. This is solid advice :) Or you can always try to sell some Xen VPS servers. Grab a copy of my Xen stack at http://repo.phoenixvps.com - make sure to also install libvirt-xen and kernel-xen. It works great with SolusVM.

Or if you get bored with my advice you can just look at this for a while :lol: Tw6FX6l.gif

willie

If the 7-10 day setup is made clear beforehand, I can probably live with it if the deal is good enough (I imagine someone ordering the hardware and building it out).  Typically that kind of situation would involve setup fees.  Of course I'd expect to not start paying monthly fees until I actually received a running server.  In this resell situation I don't know what's practical.

dominicl

Which datacenter in Los Angeles?
QuadraNet

If the 7-10 day setup is made clear beforehand, I can probably live with it if the deal is good enough (I imagine someone ordering the hardware and building it out).  Typically that kind of situation would involve setup fees.  Of course I'd expect to not start paying monthly fees until I actually received a running server.  In this resell situation I don't know what's practical.
Thanks. The set up time may even be 24-48 hours, however it could take longer which is why I'm advertising longer.

Damian

Verified Provider
Alright, what's the price for bandwidth overage? For 100mbit unmetered? For 30tb on gigabit?

dominicl

Alright, what's the price for bandwidth overage? For 100mbit unmetered? For 30tb on gigabit?
For 100Mbps on 100Mbps port - $28/mo extra.

Will find out 30TB on Gigabit for you. 10TB on Gigabit is $10/mo extra by the way.

thekreek

@dominicl a small advice be better prepared next time you publish an offer on any forum.

It's difficult to trust a provider that has no answer's on the location of the DC.

Also do you have the same TOS for all DC's or it changes depending on the DC selected.

What upgrades do you offer (hard drives, ssd, network port/traffic, memory)?

Extra cost (bandwith overages)?

Hope this helps you become a better provider.

dominicl

Just to let everyone know that Edison is currently sold out till the end of this week/early next week. All other locations should be in stock with a 3 day deployment time.

-Dominic

amuck-landowner