amuck-landowner

A Once In a Life Time VPS Deal! BetterVPS (ShoveHost) KVM VPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

shovenose

Verified Provider
BetterVPS, part of ShoveHost, is proud to go live! We have completed extensive internal testing of our systems and there should not be any problems with the automated provisioning process, however don't be mad if we manually have to activate your order :)

The plan:

• "Better One"
  • 512MB Dedicated RAM
  • 2 Virtual CPUs (2 Shared E3 Cores)
  • 20GB Dedicated Storage
  • 1TB Monthly Transfer on a 1Gbps Port
  • 1 IPv4 address (IPv6 coming soon!)
  • $5/month with offer, usually $10/month.
Servers are from Incero in Dallas, TX. 

Now, the promo: enter code "BETA" during checkout and get 50% off FOR LIFE!

Order Link.

Website.

peppr

Good choice of domain name. Thanks for not choosing ShoveBetter / BetterShove ;)

Btw $0.00 offers? Is this intentional to grab some free riders as promo or a fat finger?

shovenose

Verified Provider
Sorry about that - I was testing this morning and forgot to change it back. I've changed the price to the normal $10 one (with promo it's $5/month).

Master Bo

On "About Us" page:

"We created the seperate BetterVPS brand".

"Here at BetterVPS we want to give you the blazing fast and rock solid service you descrve"

Shall I proofread other pages? :)

shovenose

Verified Provider
On "About Us" page:

"We created the seperate BetterVPS brand".

"Here at BetterVPS we want to give you the blazing fast and rock solid service you descrve"

Shall I proofread other pages? :)
Thank you, those have been fixed. In my defense, I saw the "seperate" this morning and was going to fix it but got distracted and forgot about it :)

shovenose

Verified Provider
There seem to be some problems with our upload speed - I'm communicating with our server provider right now to get this slowness fixed...

2778324646.png

Last edited by a moderator:

shovenose

Verified Provider
I'm going to report out on this because it's kinda funny. Several signups today of people that used to be at ChicagoVPS (I checked old IPs for the domains they used). Keep the orders comin' guys! If you've got any questions again don't hesitate to reach out to [email protected] :)

shovenose

Verified Provider

[root@SERVER ~]# wget X.X.X.X/100mb.test

--2013-06-20 15:06:41--  http://X.X.X.X/100mb.test

Connecting to X.X.X.X:80... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK

Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/x-tar]

Saving to:

SPINIKR-RO

Verified Provider
I guarantee you that the server is within that network, or a short ways away. The point in showing a speed test is to determine actual performance between two points. Masking the IP makes the whole thing pointless.

[root@**cs ~]# wget http://speedtest.wdc01.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip

--2013-06-20 16:03:08--  http://speedtest.wdc01.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip

Resolving speedtest.wdc01.softlayer.com... 208.43.102.250

Connecting to speedtest.wdc01.softlayer.com|208.43.102.250|:80... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK

Length: 104874307 (100M) [application/zip]

Saving to:

Chronic

Because wget is so difficult to use?
It requires a source to download from. One that you have access to so you can test the upload speed as well. Ultimately the results depend on the server you choose, same as with Speedtest.net. The difference is that you can use Speedtest with several different servers around the globe and only require access to your own computer.

On-topic: What's the main difference between the BetterVPS and ShoveHost services? In a couple of sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner