amuck-landowner

All of North Korea's internet is out.

fixidixi

@Enterprisevpssolutions

To be honest the so called "stone age" had a few perks:

- healthier ppl for one who didnt sit in front of a monitor all day long

- socialize: that word meant someting else interly also..

so i guess sometimes i'd like that stoneage back.. it only somes if elecricity fails for some reason..

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
@Enterprisevpssolutions

To be honest the so called "stone age" had a few perks:

- healthier ppl for one who didnt sit in front of a monitor all day long
*cough* Wasn't the life expectancy like... 40?

- socialize: that word meant someting else interly also..

so i guess sometimes i'd like that stoneage back.. it only somes if elecricity fails for some reason..
Eh...  I guess if you mean socialize face-to-face, then yeah... I can't argue with you on that.

But North Korea doesn't really have consistent electricity if I remember correctly, and they still use those compact tapes!  

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
*cough* Wasn't the life expectancy like... 40?
I see people up in my age / dating / peer group and I'll be the first one to say people look like hot steaming piles of garbage these days.

Honestly, I don't know many people I can honestly say have it together and aren't banged up, on booze, on drugs, or pile driving heaps of issued pharma drugs just to get through their weak a%% day by say meh, 40-50.  I know a few token outlayers, there aren't too many.

I remember how men use to work.  I remember short little men with vice-grips and sandpaper for hands.   I don't remember the whining we have today.   Most of them lived to ripe enough old ages.

Lots of those folks back then were far more preserved, less aging, way more fit than people today.

My point is, life expectancy of 78 in the US now and up from below 70 in 1960.     I see tons of 50-somethings that can't get around right.   Diabetics everywhere.  Masses of cancer.

When I look down the age range, bahaha.  Today's 18-30 year olds aren't going to make it to 78 or even 70.

In one of those books of stories, it says '... man's years shall number 120...'.

How many 120 year olds have we recorded?  Seen the shape they are in prior to all that?

Life isn't about the time you spend making and becoming fertilizer. It is about the experiences.  Sadly, in today's interrupted, always on, go-go-go environment, by 40 I can see droves of people wanting to self purge.  Expect life expectancy to drop in coming decades in the United States and other places that adopt the bad killer diet and habits.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
The catch with life expectancy isn't that everyone could be expected to die off by 40 - but rather there were so many young-age deaths to greatly offset the number of people that lived to a ripe old age.  Remember, you're just looking at the mean result of age-at-deaths, not an accurate "you will be dead by X years" number.

Joshua-Epic

Verified Provider
I don't see why it was such a big fuss that their internet went down considering they don't even allow residents to utilize the internet, just government and military. 

amuck-landowner